[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it Henry Miller or Charles Bukowski (pic related) or Celine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (148KB, 392x449px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
148KB, 392x449px
Was it Henry Miller or Charles Bukowski (pic related) or Celine who said something like this?

"A woman will tell you her madness in the first ten minutes of talking to her for the first time, but you won't listen because you are just trying to get laid"

Or something like:

"A woman will tell you all you need to know about her neurosis, she will tell you all the warning signs, the first time you meet her but you wont take any notice because you just want to fuck her"

I've been trying to find the book it came out of for years. Please help!!
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (16KB, 216x300px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
16KB, 216x300px
bump?
>>
>>9016000
Einstein
>>
>>9016000
Sounds like Miller to me
>>
>>9016000
Cervantes
>>
>>9016000
BAMP YO ASS NIGGA
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (21KB, 300x389px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
21KB, 300x389px
He said something like: "The only chance you might have had understanding the woman was the first time you met her. Only then, within the first five minutes of talking she will tell you what she is really like"

Maybe it was in a Bukowski poem or a letter...
>>
Doesnt sound like celine to me.
>>
>>9016000
Is Bukowski - Women too easy?
>>
i think i remember that one from bukowski. must be ham on rye or women since rhise are the two i've read
>>
>>9016483
What collection is that in?

I've just looked through Mockingbird Wish Me Luck but couldn't find it.
>>
>>9016526
I dont think ive read either of those, just Post Office, Run with the Hunted and I think Factotum.

Actually Run With the Hunted has bits from many books, so I'll look in that now.

It does sound more like Bukowski than Miller, I think.
>>
>>9016526
i have just searched those two books on my kindle and there doesn't seem to be a passage like that. strange.
>>
>>9016554
i start to suspect it was just a piece from return of kings
>>
>>9016529
it's a novel
>>
>>9016443
he was pretty redpilled
Majątek zbiła w przeciągu kilku zaledwie miesięcy, dzięki siłom sprzymierzonym, ale zwłaszcza dzięki możliwościom, jakie otwierał przed nią jej własny brzuch.Otóż wycięto jej jajniki, tak to było, po tym jak zoperowano jej jajowody. Ta oswabadzająca sterylizacja leżała u podstaw jej fortuny. Okazuje się więc, że również i rzeżączka może być zbawienna. Kobieta, której czas upływa na ustawicznym lęku przed zajściem w ciąże, jest kimś w rodzaju impotenta i nigdy nie dojdzie daleko na drodze sukcesu.
>>
>>9016821
Ahh I was looking for something called "Women Too Easy" !

I have not read Women, but I have bits in one or two books.

Generally I'm not sure - I think the passage was from a kind of an essay. Bukowski's prose is mostly stories, rather than about stuff, whereas his poems are more about stuff.

Like in his novels it doesn't seem as if Bukowski talks to the reader - unlike Miller.
>>
I've also been looking for some sick quotes for my facebook, OP.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.