[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When Shakespeare invented all those words, how did people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: dylan2.jpg (25KB, 495x414px) Image search: [Google]
dylan2.jpg
25KB, 495x414px
When Shakespeare invented all those words, how did people know what they meant?
>>
They didn't, they just laughed because it rhymed
>>
By sucking on his penis
>>
Apparently, a lot of those were slang words used by women at the time.
>>
the people were too lit to notice them
>>
File: unrelated.gif (2MB, 245x289px) Image search: [Google]
unrelated.gif
2MB, 245x289px
>>9015900
You wanna know how many words Shakespeare invented, kid? 0
Shakespeare was a hack, and none of his ideas were original. Playwrights existing around the same time spoke of Shakespeare collectively under one title: The Leech.
One of his most celebrated works, Hamlet, is almost a recreation of another play that existed at the time: Small Village.
He contributed nothing to literature, and the study of Shakespeare should be banned in the name of literary justice.
>>
>>9015915
what the fuck is that gif
>>
Every time a new word was uttered the actors froze and Billy Shakes walked on to stage, gave the definition and used it in a sentence.
>>
>>9015919
the taking of deborah logan
>>
>>9015922
I'm glad other people call him Billy Shakes too.
>>
Shakespeare didn't invent the words, he just first to record them. With old texts, the first to write something down, is considered the one who coined it no matter how many centuries people were saying it before then.
>>
>>9015915
>>>/r/atheism
>>
>>9015951
I can find my own way there, thank you very much.
>>
>>9015900
From the (lost) footnotes.
>>
>>9015903
This
>>
>>9015900
Same way I know what hiphop people are saying when they make up words,
>>
Most if not all of the words he invented were just normal words used in a different way or form. For example, using elbow as a verb.
>>
>>9015915

>One of his most celebrated works, Hamlet, is almost a recreation of another play that existed at the time: Small Village.
wew lad
>>
>>9015915
hamlet is shit tbqh
>>
>>9015915
wtf i hate shakespeare now
>>
>>9015915
Why do you want to silence the voices of brave women of color?
>>
>>9015946
I'd think so too.
How would scholars know if Shakes invented a word? Only if a contemporary mentioned it.
I suppose "Billy demonstrated great verbal creativity" + "many words are first attested in Billy" added up to "Billy invented words" to some retarded journalist.

Johannes Aavik was a real person though.
>>
File: image.jpg (7KB, 184x217px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 184x217px
>>9015915
It is widely known that Shakespeare based Hamlet off of FX's hit crime drama "Sons of Anarchy."
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>9015900
context
>>
>>9015900
it's called derivation

>op can't into linguistic morphology
>>
>>9017751
>op doesnt know the answer to the question he's asking
wow, you must be a genius
>>
>>9015946
Really, this

Also a lot of word-inventors, like Sir Thomas Browne, invented words out of Latin or Greek roots.
>>
>>9015900
um no idiot lol he used ENGLISH the language was already ther
>>
>>9016396
This is the only accurate answer in this thread to OP's question.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.