[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can any native english speaker help me write a note that fits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Can any native english speaker help me write a note that fits well alongside this book i'm planning to give a girl for her birthday coming up?

It's a very meaningful book and i want to write a beautiful note and have it sent to her in a nice gift wrap.

It's a girl i used to be with, she's been with me through some hard times in my life, i've always had family troubles and depression (which split us apart in the end) and all that bad stuff but she was around to bring some sunshine. She's born in the summer and i'm born in the middle of winter so i always used to call her my summer girl.

I'm thinking of saying 'This is for the person who brought a bit of summer into my otherwise cold and grey world. For my summer girl.' or something along the lines, which may sound cheesy but i know for a fact it will make her smile. Can anyone help make it sound nice?
>>
you forgot to say what book it was
>>
>>9015600
>into my otherwise cold and grey world
is a bit tryhard/cringe/fedora

using the word summer twice is a bit iffy as well replace the first one with something else

maybe something like

For the person who brought a touch of color into my world; for my summer girl

if you get a few more syllables in the second line you can get a slant rhyme off world/girl which is always a little cute

I hope you have nice handwriting!
>>
Do not do this you fucking faggot I've done this before and you will look like a monstrous retard the choice is yours
>>
>>9015608
This is pretty good.

Also agree with regards to "cold grey world". Too dark for the occasion.

Something like:
"For reminding me that summer is always just around the corner; for my summer girl"

Good luck anon!
>>
>>9015608
>>9015630
Thank you for the replies

How's;
> for the person who brought a touch of color into my world;
> for she who i could not learn to appreciate - for my summer girl

>>9015628
I don't think there's anything out of place or insensitive with expressing a true feeling, without shame or guilt or being covert about it, i am fully confident with what i feel and i wish to let it be known, i appreciate her as a person, i still think fondly of her, she has always been a source of joy to me, even now she makes me smile and i want to express all of this with a very nice gift. There's a lot to explain if i were to name the book and the situation/meaning behind it, safe to say it should clear up everything and provide some closure at the very least, if not turn out to be a real compliment to her and a celebration of what we once shared. While i would be lying if i were to say i dont feel anything for her still, i'm not actually expressing any intent, i'm not barging in her life in any way, i'm just giving her a nice gift for her birthday. How's that bad?
>>
>>9015704
> for she who i could not learn to appreciate - for my summer girl
I understand what you're trying to say with this but I think it comes out as if you don't actually appreciate her (you haven't learnt to).

What about:

for the person who brought a touch of color into my world;
for she who i could not thank enough; for my summer girl
>>
>>9015630
That's fucking horrible too m8
>>
>>9015704
>I would be lying if i were to say i dont feel anything for her
Deep down you're hoping this is the beginning to something more. Truth is, if the note isn't only to "a friend" it's on level with sending her a poem to "celebrate" her. She'll start avoiding you trust me, I'm not even the same anon
>>
>>9016295
>She'll start avoiding

How do you know?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.