[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some cool books about drugs and stuff and how they are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: dudeweedlmao.jpg (310KB, 705x882px) Image search: [Google]
dudeweedlmao.jpg
310KB, 705x882px
what are some cool books about drugs and stuff and how they are connected to religion and culture and all of that

do yall guys think there is any significance to drugs or is it just the brain being confused
>>
Don't be a degenerate, find jesus instead
>>
i like doing drugs

i don't like religion or culture. i don't like reading books about drugs. i don't like neurology or confusion.

idk if i can answer ur question. AMA
>>
>>9015082
The Doors of Perception
>>
Cosmic Trigger
>>
>>9015082
i lowkey suspect psychedelics are the key but since we are still miles away from being able to study them i just hide my power level and pretend to be a conservative anti-degenerate all the time since most people just get fried up under these substances
i havent read any books about them, i enjoy listening to McKenna sometimes, his lectures are comfy
>>
It doesn't have a lot of drug-related content, but I suspect you would enjoy The Golden Bough. If you're into psychedelia and more generally the vast array of connections a brain can tackle, you will certainly find something up your alley in TGB.
I'm tempted to say you would likely enjoy Godel, Escher, Bach too, but that's still further removed from your inquiry.
>>
>>9015082
Food of the Gods
McKenna
>>
>>9015089

this desu

Also, if you want based as fuck, check out Shamanism by Mircea Eliade, Pikhal/Tikhal by Shulgin if you want something more technical.
>>
File: this.png (322KB, 446x399px) Image search: [Google]
this.png
322KB, 446x399px
>>9015089
This, simply because he wasn't a typical hippy drug evangelist. Huxley was a respected writer before he ever tried mescalin.
>>
>>9015239
Shulgin is a boss

>>9015810
Agreed

Acid Dreams is great way to understand the 60s as well as the societical influence of Our Lady Lucy. (And why Leary fucked us all)

Thompson is still a hero to me, Las Vegas is a meme but his political writings are something our current journalism environment is missing. The man was a misunderstood moralist.

I dunno what it is about Mckenna, he just rubs me the wrong way. His brother (Dennis?) is much more relatable and not as woo-woo hippy dippy.

Phillip K Dick will make you feel like a heroin addict. A Scanner Darkly is the best argument against doing hard drugs (heroin meth etc).

Alan Watts sums up the philosophical underpinnings to the 60s much more elegantly than any one else, whether he intended to or not. Also his lectures are timeless.

LSD: my problem child, by Hoffman, the man himself. Hoffman clearly outlines his story, details why Leary was wrong, and gives his hope for the future of the psychedelic movement. Highly recommended for any hippy.

Ken Kesey, of course. One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest is a classic, sums up the anti authoritarian mood of the 60s.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.