[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw all the shit you have to read what do i do you guys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1483381334644.png (30KB, 747x491px) Image search: [Google]
1483381334644.png
30KB, 747x491px
>tfw all the shit you have to read
what do i do you guys?
i wanna be an author but every time i feel i have some sort of ground i find another huge tome that seems important and i want to be informed about
there's just so much content out there
help?
>>
File: 12314234.jpg (22KB, 281x175px) Image search: [Google]
12314234.jpg
22KB, 281x175px
You help me.
>>
File: 568.png (78KB, 399x240px) Image search: [Google]
568.png
78KB, 399x240px
>>9012992
i dunno man
the only thing that i can think of is being patient

damn you /lit/ not being a pseud is fucking impossible
>>
>>9012990
It is a common thing to feel that you need to read more before you're ready to write.
You will never ever feel ready, so you might aswell just start now. Repeat that like some mantra, and just write. If it's shit, that's ok, you can rewise it later.
>>
>>9012990
Say what you want about Stephen King, but his advice in pic related rings true. Only way to become a good writer is to write and read everyday. The more you read the more you will pick up on how a book is written. And writing everyday only further cements this process. I can assure you if you wrote a short story this very day and never stopped writing until next year and wrote another short story you will see the improvements you've made over that year.

If you really want to become an author, just keep on reading and writing and look at your work with a critical eye. Eventually you will hit the point where your book is made well enough to get published.
>>
You're supposed to enjoy reading you idiot
>>
>>9014170
King's advice is just him rehashing advice countless writers before him had given.
>>
>>9014243
Yep, all true. I just noted he said it since he's not an obscure author by any means and therefore that advice in the picture carries more weight to it.
>>
>>9014194

>You're supposed to enjoy reading you idiot

Not OP but it's equal parts enjoyable and tedious. Are you even challenging yourself as a reader? Dense philosophy isn't something that is enjoyable 24/7; it's a slog at times.
>>
>>9012990
Write anyway. You can always edit. No great author wrote a great book all in one go. Most great books didn't even look similar to what they are now when they were in the first draft stage.
>>
>>9012990
God shut the fuck up and stop complaining. Pick up a few books and get a cheap diary to experiment in. It's not difficult
>>
>>9014293
The more you read difficult books, the easier they get. Once you're not spending an hour on each page, it's a lot more fun.
>>
>>9012990
read and write you fucking pussy
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.