[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Embarrass myself multiple times at a Philosophy Society meeting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: wojak.jpg (56KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
56KB, 633x758px
>Embarrass myself multiple times at a Philosophy Society meeting a few months ago
>Keep thinking about it
>People will probably bring it up in 10 years time when I become a famous writer and ruin my career
>Think about murdering everyone who attended the event in order to wipe knowledge of its existence
>>
>>9008699
You're never going to be famous, don't worry.
>>
>>9008699
How did you embarrass yourself?
>>
>>9008706
I made a bunch of plebeian tier arguments about Ethics which I knew were stupid but I did it to provoke discussion. I didn't want to reveal my power level.

Everyone just looked at me like I was a braindead moron normie.
>>
>>9008699
>I didn't want to reveal my power level
but you did
>>
File: bart implying.png (796KB, 1023x765px) Image search: [Google]
bart implying.png
796KB, 1023x765px
I do this at almost every university society ive ever attended
I just tell myself I did it ironically, eventually it became funny and I would actively sabotage every interaction I had in a sort of Andy Kauffman act
>>
I made a big hullabaloo and stormed out of an early-20th cent. reading group. To be fair, I knew what I was getting into but I still decided to embarrass myself. I can never go back there now and yeah I have the same thing of worrying about eventual blows to my reputation. Shitsuxx.
>>
>>9008726
Write an open letter entitled "I was open pretending to be retarded". When you become rich and famous you can sell the original for millions.
>>
>>9008726

should've just called ethics a spook

the girls would've been all over you
>>
>>9008763
>it seems that we may stop here
>>
>>9008764
Did you sperg out after somebody chatted shit about Proust or something?
>>
>>9008763
>I just tell myself I did it ironically, eventually it became funny and I would actively sabotage every interaction I had in a sort of Andy Kauffman act

lmao, I do this now

After every meeting I laugh in conversation to make it seem like everything I said was purposely made up
>>
>>9008778
No, we were having a discussion about Abraham Cahan's book The Rise of David Levinsky, and there were a series of increasingly ignorant remarks being made about Cahan's place as "the foremost social critic of America between [something like] 1890 and 1920," as one of them put it. As an admirer of Ambrose Bierce and HL Mencken I got quite agitated and said some things about communists and the problems of the "outsiders make better observers/critics" meme, to which someone said something along the lines of "And you say this as an outsider in our group?" which I went to great lengths to unfold. I sperged out and called the guy a pussy, horrifying the women and neutereds and essentially forcing me into exile. I did overreact but I stand by my comments.
>>
Protip: everybody else is as psuedish as you.
>>
File: kaufman.jpg (58KB, 589x410px) Image search: [Google]
kaufman.jpg
58KB, 589x410px
fools
>>
>>9008822
This makes me feel better
>>
>>9008812
>I sperged out and called the guy a pussy, horrifying the women and neutereds and essentially forcing me into exile. I did overreact but I stand by my comments.
I love /lit/
>>
>>9008763
Whats some entry level Kauffman?
I want to get into his comedy
>>
>>9009483
Don't. He isn't funny. Norm does his shtick but is actually funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7K-kaelQEs
>>
>>9008812
don't apologize for shit like that man. I have respect for people who are intellectuals without being pussies, we need more of that. Plus that outsider comment was fucking worth it, total passive aggressive attempt at a bitchy shutdown and you flipped the table on it. keep it up m8
>>
>>9008699

If that's satire, I'm seriously impressed
>>
>>9008699
I mean, the self-absorption of even thinking about these things is one thing, but posting about it? Whew
>>
>>9009483
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p0sr2BejUk
>>
>>9008768
>but what about the ethics o-
>hmph let me interject for a moment, ethics are a spook
>but what does that mean
>meaning is a spook!
>but without meaning where do we derive value from
>value is a spook, fucking spookcucks!
>wow anon you sound like a TOTAL virgin
>virginity is a spook
>want to have sex later anon? Damn you're cool.
>consent is a spook, I don't need your permission to fuck you! Fucking spook!
>>
>>9009483
don't bother it's trite
>>
>>9008699
There is no bad publicity. Just look at the meme our burger-friends elected as their head of state.
>>
>>9010631

>I mean, the self-absorption of even thinking about these things is one thing, but posting about it? Whew

this.

consider going to /soc/ and staying there.
>>
>>9010656
>fucking up the my property
anon, read the books you want to shitpost about.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.