[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I read his books? Also how do I pronounce his name?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: nietzsche.jpg (126KB, 384x480px) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
126KB, 384x480px
Should I read his books?

Also how do I pronounce his name?

Thanks /lit
>>
Nitsh, or Nitshay if you wanna sound german.

"Beyond good and evil" is really good and can be read without too much effort. Not too long, not too weird. If you don't like it, skip the rest.
>>
Nee-cha
>>
>>9008674
The generally-accepted American pronunciation is like NEECH-uh; however I have heard Neechee and other weird variants. I don't speak a lick of German so I honestly don't know.
>>
Niet-jay

why do people think its pronounce "neet" when there is literally a very common German word spelled "niet"?
>>
*sneezes*
>>
Neetcher, but don't overdo the "er"

Neetchee annoys the fuck out of me.
>>
NEET-Z-Che
>>
File: 8.jpg (137KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
137KB, 800x800px
>mfw amerikeks can't pronounce a simple affricate+fricative cluster correctly
>>
>>9008737
Neechuh is correct German
>>
>>9008737
I'm German and I'd say " NEECH-uh" is the closest you can get.
>>
>>9008674
If you are more interested in results than in having academic citations to refer to later on, then yes, you should. Nietzsche holds the throne when it comes to that, and it's also a big reason why he gets criticism in literary circles and debate groups.

Because the function of those circles and groups is to have documented, scholarly discourse on subjects, they see no value in Nietzsche, who was not at all concerned with laying such a groundwork, but rather, to get results from his own studies and turn them into a new value system for a future generation to believe in — and it's worth noting that he criticized literary circles and groups for at base wanting to do the same thing, but dressing themselves up in nice clothes and academic jargon to appear as if they were doing something more noble, like pursuing truth for its own sake.

So, what side are you on? But really, regardless of what side you're on, you should probably read him because he comes up a lot in any kind of philosophical discourse.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.