[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been reading all my life but I've never experienced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 85fe6c51072097.5608a07743398.jpg (49KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
85fe6c51072097.5608a07743398.jpg
49KB, 600x402px
I've been reading all my life but I've never experienced the same emotional catharsis or warmth in some cases that anime provides. Why is this /lit/? I haven't watched any anime for like half a year now but I've finished a lot of series before that and still whenever I think back I miss those feelings even though I know most if it is trash and a waste of time.
I think it might be related to music but I'm not sure am I just a fucking pleb?
>>
>>9003484
1/Read the Dao De Jing
2/Compare all available translations
3/????
4/Profit
>>
File: feel.jpg (68KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
68KB, 512x512px
>>9003484
>>
>>9003503
nice meme
>>
>>9003527
thank you, kind anon
i did it myself
>>
>>9003534
keep up the good work
>>
>>9003484
>am I just a fucking pleb?

Yes
>>
>>9003503
Laozi pls go
>>
stargirl
>>9003767
this
>>
>>9004026
>stargirl

I don't read YA.
>>
>>9003484

Most anime is kitsch. It appeals to basic emotions and senses. It's easier for most people nowadays to surrender themselves to visual mediums and melodrama (nerds can talk about how complex the mythology of an anime is, but it rarely changes the fact that they tend to be emotionally simple).

You say you've been reading all your life, so I don't know if I can say that you just aren't used to reading. I can only conclude that what you read is mostly shit. But pleb books are easy to get into, and as vapid as an anime. You are probably turned off because you aren't bombarded with sound and visuals. I imagine you are another unfortunate who was raised by the internet and need constant simulation by the senses to truly get into something.

Try reading great literature, which can be both accessible and complex in many ways. Read The Odyssey, or Don Quixote, or novel by Tolstoy or Dickens, or Chekov's short stories. Go someplace quiet, away from distractions to read and immerse yourself in the text. I just can't imagine that the warmth and humanity from those works won't affect someone who truly wishes to surrender himself to great art.

(However if you have read great works of literature and they have done nothing for you, I can only say that that you are a fucking pleb and should just give up.)
>>
>>9003484
Read Montaigne's Essays
>>
because you hvae the autistic
>>
>>9003484
you're probably emotionally stunted and can only relate to the broad emotional points in anime but don't understand or empathize with the more subtle psychologies of literary fiction.

or maybe you're just conditioned to react more to audio/visual experiences than imagined.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.