[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ebook advantages? Costs less for books Read in dark without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: images-148.jpg (15KB, 336x437px) Image search: [Google]
images-148.jpg
15KB, 336x437px
Ebook advantages?

Costs less for books
Read in dark without need for light and doesnt strain eyes
Adjustable font size
Stores thousands of books
Light weight
>>
>>8999228

>doing underlining/annotation/marginalia on an ebook

no thanks. but if you like them then happy reading.
>>
>>8999228
built in dictionary
my very favorite feature
>>
>>8999235
I admittedly don't do a lot of annotations and highlights but it does work.
I like e-books mostly for the convenience, being able to carry around a dozen different anthologies on poetry is just cool.
>>
>>8999228
Best thing about e-readers is the Gutenberg Project. You need never buy another book.

Worst thing? Just try flicking back to check something you read three chapters ago ...
>>
>>8999516
Well, you can search for keywords.
>>
>>8999516
>Just try flicking back to check something you read three chapters ago
ctrl+f
>>
>>8999523
>>8999524
>71 matches, beginning on page 3
>>
>>8999563
Well you have to know what you're searching for usually.
>>
They're great and I used one constantly in the past. Nowadays I tend to mostly read on the phone when I'm not at home - the convenience of not having to carry another device trumps the advantages of a reader for me.
>>
>>8999228

Travelling. You can take your library everywhere with you. Only issue I found was that if I needed to flip back and forth in a book because of the multitude of characters it has, or events (longer novels specifically where you tend to forget events/characters because s0 much happens in such a short time)
>>
>>8999582
Yeah, but flipping back and forth between different charts, and paragraphs is a pain on ebooks.
>>
>>8999641
Well you can always bookmark pages or highlight certain passages so you can easily return to them. At least that's how it works on my Kindle.
>>
>>8999582
>And how will you inquire into a thing when you are wholly ignorant of what it is? Even if you happen to bump right into it, how will you know it is the thing you didn't know?
>>
>>8999645
Perhaps it gets more convenient when you get more used to it. Ebooks have always felt clunky to me, especially when dealing with textbooks that include charts, formulas, and diagrams in general.
>>
>>8999652
That might be, I assume those are mostly in PDF and/or magazine size? I suppose it's not what ebook readers are made for (tablets are preferable for things of magazine size)
>>
>>8999652

I mean to be fair, textbooks are clunky irl too
>>
>>8999235
Since I buy used books a lot I find and read a lot of annotations.

99% of times my feeling is that they can't possibly serve any other purpose than to make the annotator feel like a cool guy.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.