[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

During the late period of Nietzsche;s philosophical "career",

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: nietzsche.jpg (76KB, 492x657px) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
76KB, 492x657px
During the late period of Nietzsche;s philosophical "career", his writings become a lot more aggressive in nature,

Nietzsche was concerned that Europe was about to enter an age of decadence.

How would you categorise an age of decadence?
>>
>>8998413
An age of decadence is an age before a societies fall.
>>
as an age of ideology
>>
File: G.K.-Chesterton.jpg (73KB, 570x321px) Image search: [Google]
G.K.-Chesterton.jpg
73KB, 570x321px
>>8998431
You can always tell how sane someone is by how much they like Chesterton.
>>
>>8998448
So more insane = bigger fan of him?
>>
>>8998431
Nietzsche hated ideology
>>
>>8998413
unrepressing your desires

I'm pretty sure Nietzche was scared shitless of what Freud was doing.
>>
File: highres_5315934.jpg (243KB, 1545x942px) Image search: [Google]
highres_5315934.jpg
243KB, 1545x942px
>>8998798

Slightly longer response, and probably unnecessary, but:

No doubt he did. the point, however, is that when their faith becomes shaken - and this term can be construed very broadly - the vast majority of people are going to immediately reach for the ideological cookie jar and propose 2d political solutions for what are 3d existential and philosophical problems. Nietzsche knew this very well. For him, at the time he was writing, there was only one ideology in town: Christianity.

But Chesterton knew this also. There is no ideological hotfix for the dark night of the soul, but this does not prevent people from trying, because it's so seductive and tempting to do holy work on earth: what Voegelin would have called immanentizing the eschaton. Gnostic warfare.

But it's all bunk. Here's another quote i find interesting:

>The hero of yesterday becomes the tyrant of tomorrow, unless he crucifies himself today.

That's a heavy thought. It's there, of course, in the recent Batman films, but without that extra line in there about crucifixion. The tragic cycle of things does not *inevitably* have to be repeated (as Two-Face suggests). There is a third option.

Even the Neetch would have said in the end that it comes down to Dionysus vs The Crucified. I happen to think The Crucified is a better look. Not because Nietzsche was wrong, but because his interpreters to me are infinitely worse.

Nietzsche's solution for nihilism will always be legit. He's huge and inarguable. I just find Nietzscheans themselves boring because they think they are arguing with the high card. Nietzsche is the default position for many today and that is the last thing he himself would have wanted. Not his fault.

But sanity is a better look. It's not as sexy as political romanticism, but that's decadence for you.
>>
>>8998413
>Nietzsche was concerned that Europe was about to enter an age of decadence.

How backwards could one read a thing? Nietzsche was frustrated that Europe WAS in an age of the REJECTION of decadence. Not only is the opposite of your sentence true, every piece individually would have to be negated for it to become correct.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.