[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/ just finished reading pic related. Loved it. Really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Capture+_2017-01-19-19-10-48.png (2MB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-01-19-19-10-48.png
2MB, 1440x2392px
Hey /lit/ just finished reading pic related. Loved it. Really helped that I read the silmarillion first . In turn it also helped me understand the silmarillion better. I'll have to re-read it again later. So I guess that means the history of middle earth next right?
>>
>>8998078
History of middle earth is only worth while if your autistic.

I heavily recommend it.
>>
Yes, do read it, but I would also recommend some of Tolkien's other non-Middle Earth reads. I also quite liked his translation of Beowulf
>>
>>8998088
Would that be the next one I should read?
>>
>>8998103
I heard it was good
I wanna read that one of the farmer too
>>
>>8998078
>>8998078
>So I guess that means the history of middle earth next right?
Sure, if you think you're sperg enough. It's not a bad thing to read after TCoH, seeing as you get some small continuation of the story, you learn what Hurin does upon his release from Angband.
>>
>>8998202
Well I already read the silmarillion so I already know that he ascends with the simaril.
>>
>>8998218
Wrong! Sad!

You should read the book with the Tom Bombadil poems and the Farmer Giles of Ham. That's some good shit right there. Roveranddom is a little bland but Famer Giles is a badass
>>
>>8998470
I want to read everything in thr lotr universe before I read his non lotr books
>>
>>8998489
Well the Histories are fun but it's more like the history of the making of middle earth. It's mostly rough drafts with edits from Chris. Like another anon said, highly recommended for autists.
>>
>>8998508
Well I'm not an autist but I do love the life of middle earth.
Isn't it a 12 book series?
>>
>>8998088
You're - belongs if you're saying "you are"
>>
>>8998218
>Well I already read the silmarillion so I already know that he ascends with the simaril.

You need not read any further, anon.
>>
>>8999824
Hurin is a great book and would make a fantastic R rated drama or HBO series
>>
>>8999873
None of the tales of Beleriand can be adapted for the screen without losing most of their magic. Unless it be in anime form.
>>
>>8998192
Farmer Giles of Ham is breddy good as is Tales of Tom Bombadil if you like Tolkiens poetry.
>>
Farmer Giles of Ham would be a cool movie adaption. I can see it traditionally animated like Disney...
>>
what do you all think of The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun?

>>8998103
I want to get his Beowulf translation, all ready read Monsters and Critics lecture, good stuff. But isn't there a whole thing where people make a fuss about Tolkien writing it in pose instead of a poem?

if not Beowulf then maybe The Fall of Arthur that shit is still written down as a poem
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.