[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>love Dumas >want to read count of monte cristo >hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: godnow.png (159KB, 555x395px) Image search: [Google]
godnow.png
159KB, 555x395px
>love Dumas
>want to read count of monte cristo
>hate reading about bad things happening to people
>want to read 20 years later
>hate reading about people past their glory days even more
JUST FUCKING KILL ME ALREADY
>>
>>8996901
So what do you like to read?
>>
>>8996916
I mean, I do, obviously, but if there's just a dude, minding his own business and then something super unfair happens, I get jittery and avoid it. I can't help it. It's hell. There are so many good books I just... can't finish reading. It's awful.
>>
>>8996901
this is why i hated madame bovary desu
>>
>>8996943
Embrace it and seek revenge with Dantes
>>
I'm reading Captain Paul right now and i love how romantic and upbeat it is. God i love dumas
>>
>>8996901
>want to read Dumas
>don't want to learn French
jdimsa
>>
File: m.jpg (73KB, 693x448px) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
73KB, 693x448px
>love reading books
>hate reading words
>>
>>8997430
>tfw an abridged translation was better than the original
no story requires 1,000 pages
>>
>>8997442
>Around your Mom in 80 Years
>>
>>8996901
>>8997430
best translation?
>>
>>8997442
Time for you to kill yourself my dude.
>>
>>8996943
sounds like you'd love The Idiot
>>
>>8998789
Well, I have it, at least.
>>
>>8997442
Dumas was paid per line.
If you were paid per line, you'd write 1000 pages too.
>>
>>8997521
Well, I read the Barnes and Noble Classic edition of the three musketeers, and I loved it.
>>
>>8996943
now that's what I call autism
>>
>>8996901
On a similar note, is there any decent novel directly focused on Napoleon and his empire? He's on the outskirts of Count of Monte Cristo, and plays even less of a role im Stendhal's Charterhouse. Kinda bums me out.
>>
>>9000208
Man, I don't know. Her Majesty's Dragon is parallel universe britions fighting napoleon. On dragons.
>>
Bad things happen to people. Don't shelter yourself from that knowledge. Especially if bad things have happened to you, it's important not to shy away from reading that kind of thing.
>>
>>8996901

>Filthyfrank

Do u perchance have autism abd play Minecraft
>>
>>9000409
this is 4chan friendo. you don't have a leg to stand on
>>
>>8997521
Well, I tried the Gutenberg translation. The writing was very far from palatable.
>>
>>8996901
Fiction is shit anyway, OP.
>>
File: 1448707387450.png (353KB, 900x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1448707387450.png
353KB, 900x1300px
>>8996901
>being this much of a sheltered Suburban teenage beta
>>
>>9003412
wrong on all counts
>>
>>8996943
>something super unfair happens

i get you. not entirely related but part of the reason why i couldn't continue watching parks & rec was because of how unfairly jerry is treated by the others :(
>>
>>9003583
I know, right? Especially when the person doesn't deserve it. I never understand why so much comedy is based off of tormenting people.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.