[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are autobiographies the worst kind of "literature"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: joe.jpg (278KB, 800x1205px) Image search: [Google]
joe.jpg
278KB, 800x1205px
Are autobiographies the worst kind of "literature"?

https://soundcloud.com/hachetteaudiouk/youre-never-weird-on-the-internet-almost-by-felicia-day-audiobook-extract
>>
No.

But that particular one is the worst piece of literature.
>>
>>8992357
>autobiographies
i want to say yes because i dont think an authors life is any important to the work, but speculative fiction comes so fucking close.
>>
Mein kampf is lit af familia
>>
File: 1479628136229.jpg (16KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1479628136229.jpg
16KB, 251x242px
>>8992357
>Felicia Day (born Kathryn Felicia Day) is an American actress, comedian, writer, and web series creator. She is the star, writer, and producer of the original web series The Guild, a show loosely based on her life as a gamer. She also wrote and starred in the Dragon Age web series Dragon Age: Redemption. Day was a member of the board of directors of the International Academy of Web Television beginning December 2009 until the end of July 2012.

Literally cancer.

Go fight ISIL or some shit and I'll read your book. Until then, fuck off.
>>
i've read that book. it's AMAZING
>>
Autobiographies can be interesting.

I just don't know what they write about for all these child stars having biographies made.
>>
>>8992357
Is there a word for this kind of thread?

One that purposely seeks and shares content that the creator expects the community would not like, in some kind of effort to validate their opinions - or just to spark general circle jerking. It's awfully common on 4chan, and i find the type found on /lit/ the most boring.
>>
List
1) Autobiography. It's a heavily marketed Diary. You are selling your diary. Fucking stop.
2) Biography. You are writing somebody else's diary. Less horrible, but considering that most Biographies of living persons are ghost-written Autos, it's best to skip them (or pirate them out of spite)
3) Bare-Ass Idea Stories from the MICE Quotient. Listen, "What If" Fiction is always a good thing to bring up to spark discussion at work or something. But without characters, they're boring as fuck. They go on and on about ramifications but IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER IF THERES NO CHARACTERS INVOLVED. Guess what? New York City completely vanishing, and discovering what would happen would be pretty cool, but listing off everything it would affect is for BLOGGERS and JOURNALISTS, not WRITERS. You're here writing a story, asshole, not trying to get us to watch your ads.
4) Philosophy from Anti-Social Writers. I'm sorry, 85% of this boards users, but musings from men about what to think and feel about sex, despite not having sex, is so transparent, unrelatable and sadly obvious that it says a lot about those who are reading it. If they would be considered a creepy autistic aspie in this day and age, they should've never put words to paper at all.
5) Adult Horror. This is really dumb and Barnes and Noble had the right idea when they axed it. There is a reason Creepypasta's fanbase consists of millions of teens and children, and not rational adults. If you're going to write Horror, write it for YA.
>>
>>8992418
Is there a word for when you make buttmad replies identical to this one in 50 different threads?
>>
>>8992418
Shitposting?
>>
>>8992418
Is there a word for this kind of post?

One made by a poster who basically describes the idea he is thinking of and is asking the question of in the same post, despite his question and its following statement being answered before its even fucking finished? It's awfully common on 4chan, and I find the type found on /lit/ to be the most stupid.
>>
>>8992433
fighting the good fight
>>
>>8992357

I want to rape her.
>>
>>8992454
>raping a dried-up old crone

What the fuck is the point?
>>
>>8992454

She's pregnant. FUCK YOU you disgusting prick.
>>
>>8992357
She's so cute. Would date.

Would not read her book, however.
>>
>>8992457
pedo detected
>>
>>8992454
Ok, of all the things I've read that are not okay

that is definitely not okay
>>
File: 1457993862295.png (25KB, 684x737px) Image search: [Google]
1457993862295.png
25KB, 684x737px
>>8992357
why does she look like a fucking camel?
>>
ben franklins' is pretty dope
>>
File: ngbbs48acb280d60fe.jpg (41KB, 599x251px) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs48acb280d60fe.jpg
41KB, 599x251px
>>8992718
>>
>>8992357
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
>>
>>8992418
Falseflagging?
>>
>>8992440
Yeah it's called a "redditpost".
>>
>>8992357
only when they are done by basic bitches who have done nothing worth writing down
>>
Autofiction is awesome though.
>>
>>8994198
nothing wrong with autobiography or life-writing as a thing but yeah the 'supermarket memoir' is quite an unappetizing phenomenon
>>
>>8992429
JESUS CHRIST GET A GRIP. pROUST WAS ASPIE WHO Should not write at all??
>>
>>8994432
sounds about right
>>
I've only read them by:

Bruce Campbell
Bruce Springsteen
Morrissey
John Cleese
Fidel Castro

All were enjoyable. Castro's was a little bit rigid but very interesting.

I'd love to read a Clint Eastwood one. The man has had a phenomenal life.
>>
>>8992533
Lmao what
>>
>>8992357

it has 4.2 on goodreads, placing it up there with all other classics of literature
>>
>>8994752
Higher than Virginia Woolf. Must be good.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.