[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw can't write for shit I have good ideas, I just can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1432259490310s.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1432259490310s.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>tfw can't write for shit
I have good ideas, I just can't write anything. Not a single line of text. I just don't know how to start!

Any tips?
>>
>>8992187
Try amphetamines.
>>
You just wrote a line of text to start this thread, you goddamned liar!
>>
>>8992196
I can't write a line worth reading.
>>
>>8992198
Well you're right about that, I didn't even read this thread before posting in it
>>
No, seriously. How you guys do it?
>>
read and when you are reading a line that is alright, good, or great in your opinion, try to analyse why it so and what the author is doing.
>>
>>8992187

Explain your ideas to someone who seems interested, record the conversation, and play it back to help you both identify the flow and rhythm of your ideas and how you specifically articulated them in language. Copy down, prune, polish, perfect, etc. Gotta get started somewhere.
>>
>>8992217
>>8992218
Intredasting. Thanks!
>>
>>8992187
Keep trying. Keep editing.

Yet, also know you can come back to a line, any line.
>>
File: 1c6.jpg (25KB, 515x600px) Image search: [Google]
1c6.jpg
25KB, 515x600px
Maybe you're trying to make every word and sentence perfect my dude. Don't delete shit immediately after typing it, just keep moving forward with anything you got until you have nothing left. Then let it sit for a while, go out or something and come back after a couple of hours or days, you'll see the mistakes and the structure of the story more clearly. Or maybe you won't.
>>
>>8994683
This, just write whatever you're thinking about and just tell yourself it's brainstorming, try to keep on writing as long as you can. Read it later, if you hate everything never just delete hit, ask why you don't like it and try to correct it.
If you keep on trashing everything you write you will never be able to write anything wort while
>>
>>8992187
>Any tips?
Don't write.
>>
>>8992187
Write aphorisms until they come out good.
Then write slam poetry until it comes out "good."
Then write flash fiction until it comes out good.
Then write short stories until they come out good.
Then write novellas until they come out good.
Then write novels until they come out good.

>t. currently writing novellas
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.