[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whyis dutch literature so irrelevant?Why didnt they produce at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1484748990001.jpg (78KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484748990001.jpg
78KB, 600x800px
Whyis dutch literature so irrelevant?Why didnt they produce at least some decent writers?
>>
>>8991482
Probably because of Muslim migration. Face it, their not white

They have had some decent painters, though.
>>
>>8991495
that only started in the sixties
>>
>>8991482
It's quite good actually. Dutch literature is either very pretentious or overtly sexual for the sake of being sexual. (or both)
That taste in fiction just doesn't align with most English readers.
Most translations are horrible and most works are philosophical interrogations of the human condition.
>>
>>8991514
I was making a memepost, lad
>>
>>8991482

Everything is about WOII.

Everything.
>>
>>8991482
I really don't know. We had some of the best painters in history but yet we can't write for shit. I mean the most notable author of our nation is a dead teenager.
>>8991540
This is true. There's a lot of shit that is just edgy for the sake of being edgy.
>Haha a book in which girls shove things in their vagina with a group of friends for fun. Fuck those Christians!
>>
>>8991495
>their not white
>their

You are not white either.
>>
>>8991713
Dutch writers are truly the edgiest contrarian cunts that ever lived.
>>
>>8991482
>Who is Mulish?
>Who is Noteboom?
>Who is Grunberg?
>Who is Claus (admitted, not Dutch, but Flanders used to be a part of it and it's the same language.)

Allthough, yeah, i admit it's not exactly overwhelming in number.
>>
>>8991713
>Haha a book in which girls shove things in their vagina with a group of friends for fun

That is awful. Now, which book may this be, so I can be sure to avoid it?
>>
>>8991846
>Who is Grunberg?
>Who is Claus?
Left wing Volkskrant pleb spotted.

>HERMANS
>NESCIO
>REVE
>>
lees de avonden, stelletje losers
>>
>>8991863
Three Sisters
>>
>>8991482
What need do you think the angels in heaven have for writing, mightent you think they are too busy enjoying their ideal lives?
>>
>>8991846
>Grunberg
I don't think there's anyone i hate more than this pretentious jew. Calling any of his work literarary is fucking deluded. Just read any of the columns/articles he somehow gets paid for to write to see how much of a pseudo-intellectual cuck he is
>>
>>8991482
>>8991540
I've pondered about this alot. I've read some poetry/short stories in contemporary literary mags and It's mostly just boring infantile crap, lacking any kind of poeticism or relation to the world of literature. Novels just seem to be about boring/mundane topics, dealing with flat charachters, written without any kind of style. The guy who said that theyre always about WW2 is right. Wanna have a besteller in the netherlands? Write about the second world war; u'll be rich
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.