[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished (listening to) The Windup Bird Chronicle, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: wind_up_animation1.gif (268KB, 880x880px) Image search: [Google]
wind_up_animation1.gif
268KB, 880x880px
I just finished (listening to) The Windup Bird Chronicle, and I absolutely loved it!
As I'm not very good at noticing subtle threads in stories and am not an avid reader in general, I have a few questions that you guys may be able to answer.

What were these powers of Noboru Wataya's? Is that ever hinted at? As far as I noticed, it's only mentioned that he controls his sister with them, nothing else.
What was this other world in the hotel, and who were "they"? Is this ever mentioned?
What was the deal with alternate world Kumiko, and why did she speak with different voices? Why was she so scared of Tooru seeing her or the corpse of who I assume was Noboru?
What did the Zoo and Manchukuo stories have to do with anything? I enjoyed them a lot, but I can't see the connection.
And finally, what is the windup bird? What does the sound of it mean?

I'm starting to feel that I might have missed some very important parts of the story now that I write my questions down.

I'd also love any recommendations of similar style, though I've heard that Murakami's other works are not like this one at all.
>>
Is Murakami considered that much of a pleb author? Am I just too late to the game to discuss this book?
>>
>>8990775
you missed the murakami hype wagon by about six or seven years
>>
>>8990807
Too bad that it has to depends on the zeitgeist, I'd love to discuss this.

Oh well, I'll take a look at Kafka on the Shore and hope for the best
>>
Someone tell me what this book was about
>>
>>8990898
It was about exactly what you read.
>>
Murakami literally never explained any of your questions. It's up to you to figure it out. And there were so many more unexplained things in that book. Like the man with no face, the kid and the tree, the musician that he beat the shit out of, the Kano sisters literally disappearing halfway in the book, the "thing" on his face that people pay to lick, etc.. It sucks too because I really do enjoy his books but the endings are such a kick in the dick it's incredibly annoying.
>>
>>8991249

That does not help me at all
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.