[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does Christianity have to offer in comparison to the liberation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: assasssin.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
assasssin.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
What does Christianity have to offer in comparison to the liberation promised by Eastern religions?
>>
Eastern religions offer some silly self-absorbed idea of transcendence.

Christ offers a true life away from death and sin.
>>
>>8990185
eternal life with a being that absolutely loves you, more than anything else can
>>
>>8990254
>x religion is silly
>my religion is the serious truth
Yeah ok my man
>>
>>8990185
>liberation promised by Eastern religions

False liberation.

Neo-platonic Christianity pretty much offers similar things to Eastern Religions but with much greater depth and a deeper connection with God.
>>
>>8990185
>liberation promised by Eastern religions
Christianity doesn't promise 'liberation' because it's not a religion of slaves. Christianity promises salvation instead. See the difference?
>>
>>8990185

>millennia of profound theology and mystic practices that allows one to achieve gnosis and forge a deep personal relationship with god

>lmao im gonna be reincarnated as a snake next time

yeah eastern religion is far superior
>>
>>8990276
inb4 nietzsche
>>
>>8990185
It offers a reliance on your perception of a higher power rather than seeking that strength and refuge from yourself.
>>
>>8990291
Nietzsche was clueless.
>>
>>8990285
Childish oversimplification of multiple religions at once doesn't make yours seem any better. You are no better than atheists talking about skydaddy and the flying spaghetti monster.
>>
>>8990185
God doesn't have to "offer" you shit. What is this, a religions' free market where you buy the one that's got the most bang for your buck?
>>
>>8990285
Topkek
>>
>>8991060
Why do you believe in God if not to get your expected reward?

>>8990293
Why is that preferable?
>>
>>8990185
Nothing. Eastern religion involves examining the contents of your own consciousness whereas Christianity makes you a slave to an invisble monster Yahweh, who reads ypur thoughts and condemns you to punishment.
>>
File: IMG_6566.png (93KB, 1369x1057px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6566.png
93KB, 1369x1057px
>>8990185
Pragmatic success
>>
>>8991330
That chart says a lot about the industrial revolution and nothing whatsoever about religion.
>>
>>8990276
i dont
>>
>>8991330
>falling for this meme

Not even some the most notable works of, for example, Chinese medical literature have been fully translated into English. The same applies to the Arabic and Indian traditions, not to mention all the lost works or innovations never even written down from early civilizations. Posting this image is like wearing a sign that says "I will believe anything /pol/ tells me and have no capacity for critical thinking."
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.