[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He had lunch last week with five novelists he admires —

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 16OBAMA-BOOKS-01-master768[1].jpg (94KB, 768x584px) Image search: [Google]
16OBAMA-BOOKS-01-master768[1].jpg
94KB, 768x584px
>He had lunch last week with five novelists he admires — Dave Eggers, Mr. Whitehead, Zadie Smith, Mr. Díaz and Barbara Kingsolver. He not only talked with them about the political and media landscape, but also talked shop, asking how their book tours were going and remarking that he likes to write first drafts, long hand, on yellow legal pads.
Obama is such a middlebrow, Atlantic-reading pleb it fucking disgusts me. How did this repulsive NPR pumpkin spice frappuccino pseud get into the Oval Office and trick drooling liberals into thinking he was cultured? At least Trump is open about not caring about books, he doesn't pretend and have shit taste like Obama
>>
Can you imagine the absolute clusterfuck of handing anyone 'so /lit/, so highbrow' any kind of material power?
>>
>>8988162

>Remember how I said there’s a certain kind of conservatism which I respect more than bourgeois liberalism—Eliot is of this type. Of course, the dichotomy he maintains is reactionary, but it’s due to a deep fatalism, not ignorance. (Counter him with Yeats or Pound, who, arising from the same milieu, opted to support Hitler and Mussolini.)

>And this fatalism is born out of the relation between fertility and death, which I touched on in my last letter—life feeds on itself. A fatalism I share with the western tradition at times. You seem surprised at Eliot’s irreconcilable ambivalence; don’t you share this ambivalence yourself, Alex?

Obama has stunning insight, and he managed more in his youth than you will in your lifetime, you sad, pathetic piece of worthless shit :^)
>>
File: so mad.jpg (47KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
so mad.jpg
47KB, 621x502px
>>8988191
>this fabricated letter featuring the insights of a teenage pseud will surely prove that my hero doesn't have shit taste
Don't you have a Jonathan Franzen novel to be reading, pleb? Maybe an Oprah book-of-the-month? I like my latte with extra foam
>>
>>8988198

>Implying smug self-satisfaction arising from the fact that your taste has been meticulously crafted to align with Harold Bloom's isn't the faggiest fucking thing of all time

Le ebin poshlost pleb philistine xD i know all the words am i part of the gang now guise?? xD
>>
>then
>leave school and self educate and do shit
>win nobel prize
>now
>have 7 years of university and optionality retaining half hearted careers like state legislator, university instructor before going in to politics and not even writing your own speeches
>>
File: Gass (disdain).jpg (7KB, 200x306px)
Gass (disdain).jpg
7KB, 200x306px
>>8988214
>le retard baby memespeak xD rebbit fag harold bloom
You are so fucking mad that I can't understand a word you're trying to say. Stop and count to ten, then try again
>>
>>8988191
where is this from?
>>
>>8988191
which is funny because Obama is the living personification of bourgeoisie liberalism. He might have been a somewhat cool dude in college before he morphed into a basic normie dad. I guess the democratic party just sucks the life out of people.
>>
>>8988247
No other way a black man would have been elected unless he was a stooge.
>>
>>8988162
Obama is affirmative action personified.
>>
File: p02hrslh.jpg (12KB, 320x320px)
p02hrslh.jpg
12KB, 320x320px
>>8988233

forgot pic
>>
>>8988191
I don't understand, is he saying Yeats and Pound were ignorant and not fatalistic like Eliot because they supported fascism?
>>
He should read Killing Hope by William Blum, Dirty Wars by Jeremy Scahill, and Kill Chain by Andrew Cockburn

And, of course, Chomsky.
>>
>>8988276
Supporting Hitler and Mussolini is bad/wrong.

Yeats and Pound supported Hitler and Mussolini, they were bad/wrong for doing so.

They were conservative.

Eliot was conservative. But he didnt support Hitler or Mussolini.

I can admit there are good conservatives.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.