[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for a book that pushes the limit of the complexity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 154524-004-4CBCC11A.jpg (10KB, 351x450px) Image search: [Google]
154524-004-4CBCC11A.jpg
10KB, 351x450px
I'm looking for a book that pushes the limit of the complexity and depth of human thought, preferably in the realm of perception and existence. But if you have another idea in mind, please let me know. Not The Passion According to G.H.
>>
>>8987759
You look like you would like Waking Up, by Sam Harris.

Happy reading, friend!
>>
>>8987759
>a book that pushes the limit of the complexity and depth of human thought

Schopenhauer's 'On Women' and Mein Kampf comes to mind
>>
>>8987759
Being and Time, M. Heidegger.
>>
>>8987764
I'm looking more for prose that weaves the most complex thoughts, the most abyssal.
>>
>>8987759
THIS MEN, ALL HIS WORK
>>
>>8987771
The book of the new sun
>>
>>8987771
Oh.

I think you would like Time Out of Joint, by Philip K. Dick, renowned science-fiction author. Trust me on that one, you'll love it.
>>
>>8987759
this is our man
>>
>>8987788
How does one actually read tractatus logico philosophicus, out of curiosity? School of life said it was about the complexities of human communication, but ironically his message doesn't seem communicated well in his writing.
>>
>>8987797
>How does one actually read tractatus logico philosophicus
Step one: Open book
Step two: Read book
>>
>>8987824
Not so simple for the tractatus, I'm afraid. Although it was published, it was written more as a set of notes to accompany ol' Witty's correspondences with various soon-to-be logical positivists. It's quite difficult to understand without that context. Various students of his wrote exegetical texts to help demystify the whole thing, but even they tend to diverge quite a bit.
>>
>>8987770
Does anyone who isn't a philosopher or in some sort of class just pick this up and read it and understand it with a total layman's knowledge?
>>
>>8987759
"Reasons and Persons" by Derek Parfit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.