[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why in the name of sweet Christ on stilts is this popular? Was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: th.jpg (8KB, 196x300px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
8KB, 196x300px
Why in the name of sweet Christ on stilts is this popular?
Was it meant to be scary? It wasn't
Was it meant to be realistic? It wasn't
Was it meant to be oppressive? Depressing? Political? Interesting? Philosophical? It failed at all of these things, who is this fucking book appealing to?
People who wanted a cross between A Boy And His Dog, The Road, and Fallout 2?
>>
I think it is a fast paced adventure meant for young men.

It has a fairly unique setting, an interesting plot with a couple of "twists" and has some dark themes of despair and humanity repeating their past mistakes (killing the dark ones and the nuclear war).
>>
>>8987067
the game was unironically better than the book because it's a postmodern take on the "first person rail shooter" by being literally set on a railroad, a concept that could not be communicated through the medium of text
>>
>>8987067
RUSSIAN AESTHETICS
>>
>>8987067
Interesting setting, sense of adventure, somewhat interesting characters, a sense of mystery and some scary elements. It's not difficult to see why it is popular, even if you personally don't find the book appealing.
>>
File: 1483228697228.jpg (28KB, 554x595px) Image search: [Google]
1483228697228.jpg
28KB, 554x595px
>>8987067
Its the setting.

The lack of space and difficulty to travel as well as the compartmentalized cities and ideologies make for interesting lore and universe exploration.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.