[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this any good? I find myself thinking about life after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 359300.jpg (22KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
359300.jpg
22KB, 200x303px
is this any good?

I find myself thinking about life after death all the time.
>>
File: Enter The Void.jpg (287KB, 900x1499px) Image search: [Google]
Enter The Void.jpg
287KB, 900x1499px
>>8984535
only if you get this version
>>
It's a good read. Pretty. I'm sure there are differences depending on the version. The main point is to draw connections between the states of death, sleeping, and meditation. It's pretty interesting, worth your time for the length and appreciation you will probably get.
>>
>>8984535

I would read this after smoking a bowl in complete solitude, candles and incense lit while in an Alan Watts/Terence McKenna filled binge period of my life.

Incredibly interesting to bridge the gaps of eastern and western religious beliefs, but it will totally fuck you up. Something about it seems academic unlike other religious texts, like it felt like it was so deep that I believed it more for some odd reason.

Very interesting. I read a version which connected Jung's psychoanalytic theories, and it was fucked up. Try to find at least his bits of it. Really interesting.
>>
What are the best translations / does anyone have a torrent
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 297x475px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 297x475px
Honestly have no idea why you'd read this unless you're researching Sino-Tibetan funerary rites for some reason. It's not like it has any particular literary value. Browne's Hydriotaphia, Urn Burial as a mediation on death is a dozen times more enjoyable and valuable than ooga booga Tibetan magic rituals. Heavily underrated book.
>>8984712
Woaah so trippy dude! Open your mind with some of this Eastern shit, man.
>>
>>8985272
Why are you so butthurt?
>>
>>8985695
I'm butthurt that DUDE WEED posters with a one-hand-enumerable IQ post about garbage like Alan Watts and the Bardo Thodol because they're shallow orientalists.
>>
>>8985875
Do you consider "orientalist" to be a derogatory term?
>>
>>8985893
If you buy the mystical Asian wisdom meme there's probably something wrong with you and you're trying to fill an axiological void in your life for whatever reason (lapsed Christian etc), or else you're just fairly stupid.
>>
>>8985918
I don't think there is anything mystical about it.
It's philosophy.
Cool philosophy.
(Pop Taoism/Buddhism is garbage,I agree on that)
>>
>>8985925
I don't think we actually disagree.
>>
so much repetition like lost in translation like live in the moment dude don't worry about wasting your life doing repetitive shit because you get to-come back anyway?
>>
File: own forces.png (1MB, 694x962px) Image search: [Google]
own forces.png
1MB, 694x962px
>>8985930
Nice to know
>>
>>8985976
That is pop/hippy "buddhism" as far as I can tell.
(I don't know much about buddhism,but I'm sure that it's not that.)
>>
>>8984535
It isn't meant to be read by random folks, they are advanced obscure texts that require pith instructions to comprehend the critical bits, while some of it will seem completely unintelligible. They were kept secret from most Tibetan Buddhists and only given to advanced tantrics that knew what they were doing and what this stuff actually means.

Tibetans were told they were to be studied by scholars and preserved, Tibetans had no idea they would return and sell them to the public at large, or they never would have agreed to it.
>>
>>8985976
no
>>
>>8986252
I kinda feel bad for owning it now.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.