[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the literary equivalent of Oscar bait and why is this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: americanhustle.jpg (235KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
americanhustle.jpg
235KB, 1024x768px
What is the literary equivalent of Oscar bait and why is this stuff never called out?

For me: Underworld, white noise, gravity's rainbow, suttree, the border trilogy, fortress of solitude.

Broom in the system is like an over hyped indie film that ultimately tries to hard and fails to be anything

Nicholas nickleby is like the hobbit trilogy
>>
>>8982636
>What is the literary equivalent of Oscar bait
Overwritten tripe
>why is this stuff never called out
Because /lit/ wants to prove how smart(tm) they all are.
>>
Because there isn't a awards system based on popularity, mo ney, and business contacts in the literary fiction world.

Your choices in comparisons are stupid and you sound like a pleb though.
>>
>>8982667
>Because there isn't a awards system based on popularity, mo ney, and business contacts in the literary fiction world.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>8982719
>>>8982667 (You)
>>Because there isn't a awards system based on popularity, mo ney, and business contacts in the literary fiction world.
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I said literary fiction not genre
>>
>>8982636

I don't think that type of po-mo stuff is popular among awards anymore. These days the real Oscar Bait novels are stuff by authors like Jonathan Franzen and Jennifer Egan, novels that borrow some of the irony and satire from DeLillo and Pynchon, but water it down a lot. They're (semi-)realistic fiction about liberals that try to deal with "the great issues of (post)modern life" or some shit, but ultimately end up reinforcing middle-of-the-road traditional values anyway.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.