[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So who is the best of, or the best example of the tortured genius

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

So who is the best of, or the best example of the tortured genius artist/writer? It seems to me like the best end up just being chads, but feel free to prove me wrong.
>>
Brian Wilson
>>
>>8979445
nietzsche, obviously
>>
Elliot Rodger
>>
Eliott Smith, but your sentiments are founded because being a tortured artist is overrated and a stereotype. People who are creative but have personal troubles like to draw a correlation between the two.
>>
Doobie Foobie Woobie
>>
File: 1482827445433.jpg (22KB, 426x333px) Image search: [Google]
1482827445433.jpg
22KB, 426x333px
all of Nick Drake's songs are about
>tfw no gf
>>
>>8980291

>Eliott Smith
>the best example

fuckin
Y I K E S
>>
>>8980496
suck off dude .
>>
>>8979445
DFW, he killed himself
>>
File: Frida_Kahlo_(self_portrait).jpg (177KB, 384x500px) Image search: [Google]
Frida_Kahlo_(self_portrait).jpg
177KB, 384x500px
Frida Kahlo.
>>
hart crane

he jumped off of a boat because a sailor wouldn't fuck him

rimbaud is also an acceptable answer
>>
How has no one posted Kafka yet? He's overrated but he was fairly tortured
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 250x319px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 250x319px
Definitely Artaud. The dude had it rough.
>>
>>8980535
why
>>
>>8980511

>genius

oh come on. not close.

Gérard de Nerval is the perfect example, most of his writings as he got older were in a somewhat insane state at times, like in a trance, and he ended up killing himself by hanging.
>>
>>8980535
bingo
>>
Van Gogh
>>
How about a writer that was literally tortured? Maximus the Confessor was tortured, had his writing hand and tongue cut off, and died in prison.
>>
>>8980795
Machiavelli
>>
Bukowski
>>
romanticism
guys like lermontov and puškin who were actually prosecuted and rejected by society, banished to a God-forsaken shithole while seeing no purpose in a life full of stupidity and shallowness beat postmodern whiny fags who think having jeans and weird hair makes them misunderstood outcast rebels every day
>>
Uliliiliia
>>
H.P. Lovecraft
>>
>>8979445
Alberto Laiseca
>>
>>8980831
Isn't he getting a little better? Last time I checked him out it seemed like he didn't seem as brittle as he used to.
>>
>>8981294
i don't think Laiseca was that much of a tortured soul
also matando enanos a garrotazos is excellent
>>
Mishima - Pitting his ubermensch qualities against his patriotism and physical/homosexual insecurity.
DFW - tortured by the pills and expectations of modern life. However, wife and audience pussy drop his rank a fair deal.
Kafka - Turned into a fucking bug.

>>8980844
He had a cute Jewish wife and nice aunts who gave him all the pocket money he needed as well as plenty of friends to hang out with in New York and write letters to after he went back to Providence.
Lovecraft was far from tortured, just painfully awkward.
>>
>>8979445
-Joseph Roth
-Arthur Rimbaud
-Horacio Quiroga
-José Asunción Silva
>>
Leopardi, Nietzsche, Mishima, Pessoa, Michelstaedter
>>
>>8981308
Sure, but you're starting with a big fucking handicap if you can never touch water, sit down, walk on grass, or see your face.
>>
Thomas Bernhard
WG Sebald
Michel Houellebecq
>>
>>8980503
So did Joyce, Woolf, Hemingway, Plath, ect.
>>
>>8979485
Brian Griffin
>>
>>8983604
Joyce didn't.
>>
>>8979485
He was kind of a chad back in the day
>>
Miguel de Cervantes
>>
>>8979445
bukowski was great at describing the normal man

kafka seemed pretty tortured, and hes good
>>
>>8982311
Pessoa died a virgin through booze..
>>
>>8981328
> he blames the pills not DFWs fucked neurodevelopment
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.