[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be still. Another day has bled and died. The year remains to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: cosplay.jpg (91KB, 780x585px) Image search: [Google]
cosplay.jpg
91KB, 780x585px
Be still. Another day has bled and died.
The year remains to dream of future bliss--
Of enemies made friends, of shame turned to pride
Of wounds newly healed and the imagined kiss.

Drink deep. The taste is bitter? Drink again:
The bitterness will go, as will the rest.
Reality eludes the wisest men.
Why seek to know it better than the best?

Forget: you owe no duty to the past:
For that which is not now is not at all.
If history lies, no memory need last,
Nor need we care from what great height we fall.

Who hopes for life, to him despair accrues,
Who hopes for nothing, has no life to lose.
>>
>>8979180
where'd you find this
>>
me in pic
>>
>>8979207

It's a poem by Roger Wescott. Published in The Phylon Quarterly, Vol.18, 1 June 1957.
>>
>>8979238
how did you come across it though? i've never heard of him personally
>>
File: HollandOats.jpg (337KB, 1000x769px) Image search: [Google]
HollandOats.jpg
337KB, 1000x769px
May I have some oats, sister?
>>
>>8979241

I study at Oxford University. As a student, I have access to all journals and articles. I'm currently looking at the problem of nihilism and solipsism in relation to Hegel's epistemology and theory of inter-subjectivity. At the bottom of one one article I was reading on this subject was printed this poem.

I liked it, and remembering that I used to visit /lit/ when a lot when I was younger for similar material, I thought I would share it. Especially, as you say, because he is a very obscure poet.
>>
>>8979180
>>8979271
That was amazing, thanks op!
>>
>>8980590
No worries senpai.
>>
File: BIG.jpg (198KB, 796x566px) Image search: [Google]
BIG.jpg
198KB, 796x566px
>>8979243

AS I GRAB THE GLOCK
>>
>>8979180
saved. thanks
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.