[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/. I come upon thee with a question. In few months I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: SLUGHORN1b.jpg (163KB, 740x610px) Image search: [Google]
SLUGHORN1b.jpg
163KB, 740x610px
Hey /lit/. I come upon thee with a question.

In few months I'm defending my bachelor thesis, which is not yet specified in 100%. Nevertheless, I know what subject I'm leaning towards: alcohol. Discourse of drunk people in books, specifically.

So I have a question for you, which would be a great help for a random guy from the other end of the world, from Poland, who haven't read many foreign books for children and youth (mostly Polish ones):

Do you know any books for children/youth, which would include a character being at some point drunk, and the author uses stylistic means to convey this (which would differ from their non-toxicated speech)? Like, many repetitions, contradicting parts of words, stuttering, missing letters, anything?
I want to analyze those means authors use and then compare with Polish translations and translators' means.

So far I only looked into Harry Potter, when in HP6 Slughorn was drunk and talked to Harry about that one memory. Don't know where to look next.

Any ideas?
>>
>>8977805
Wow that page is shocking, just another proof of how inferior women are the white men. Seriously, is the cunt really that dumb? Is she seriously so stupid to think that people talk like that when drunk?

Fuck, I hate women so much, their worthless
>>
>>8977805
turgenev's singers has some drunks in it, not sure if there requires stuttering with a drunken person in primt. sometimes they tell you right out that the man is drunk, but change an aspect of his personality. what usually happens is that they are more willing to say things candidly. alcohol tends to remove inhibitions. there's also a portion of the enchanted wanderer where leskov gives an account of the perceptions of the drunken man.

also, i haven't read it, but moscow to the end of the line is purported to have heroic bouts of drinking. luckily all of these have translations so you can compare as you like.
>>
>>8977805
oh, children's books. i am at a loss. forgive me for wasting your time.
>>
>>8977805
There's the scene where Heracles gets drunk in Alcestis
>>
>>8977816
do we have to do this in every thread

we get it, you're buttblasted
>>
>>8977816
You're referring to Rowling? Well, at least that's one way to show a kid that someone is drunk.

>>8977854
Thank you for your contribution! That really helped me because that reminded me of few Russian fairytales I could use, or at least check for drunk-stylization in speech. Especially when it comes to original works, I could use my Russian.

>>8978135
I flipped through the script and, unfortunately, haven't quite found what I've been looking for (at the first glance), so I'll read it carefully when I wake up, thank you very much!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.