[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What voice is in use when one writes with greentext? I have provided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: schopenhauer-cant-stop.jpg (47KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
schopenhauer-cant-stop.jpg
47KB, 400x534px
What voice is in use when one writes with greentext? I have provided an example here for study that I found paticularly interesting:

>>8974309
Any one else have an addiction to the internet on the phone/desktop
>What does this have to do with books?
Only a few years ago I could destroy a novella/medium sized book a week.
>tfw you build an expensive gaming rig to play games with friends and you read bullshit online instead.
I feel like the internet has reduced my long term attention span.
Trying to read Middlemarch at the moment and its made me profoundly depressed. Loving the book. It's beautifully put together but the phone is too easy a temptation...

It is almost as if the OP in this case is using the greentext as a way to write subtext, or implied conversation/understanding. In the first sentence and subesequent text, we can really pinpoint that OP is almost replying to himself, pre-emptivley reaponding to a would be post without this almost third person-esque clarification.

The second greentext is used to describe how OP's own personal issues tie in with the question being asked, but only by indirectly implying that building his gaming rig led him to have more difficulty reading, effectivley using greentext in the opposite manner as before, clarifying the idea of the statement in the main text. What do you guys think/what are some more good examples to study to define exactly how greentext is used.
>>
stop
>>
THIS IS SOMETHING I HAVE WONDERED FOR A LONG TIME.

Is it possible everyone hears the same greentext voice? The greentext voice I hear is indescribable. LITERALLY.
>>
>>8975641
what?
>>
>>8975682
it depends on the context. in the OP he's clearly talking to himself to make a point

>The greentext voice I hear is indescribable.
you should assume it's the same as most of us. except maybe retardanons, those are going to confuse everything, regardless of being greentext or not
>>
>>8975682
>>8975641

It is the voice of the collective concious/unconcious hivemind/over-spirit, we are all one, namaste
>>
>>8975693
>except maybe retardanons

A moment recently, while reading some threads in some more, questionable boards, I was surprised by how there is a base level of intelligence each poster generally has, a clarity, I guess this just says something about general mediocrity, or the format (people arent writing dissertations on here), but there is a surprising (to me at least... and at least on that board, which shall not be named) lack of incoherent, as you mention, retardation, as if we are the rules of language itselves, at the very base... obviously this is obvious and makes sense, but I am interested, and I guess this is the idea of post modernism and experimental writing, of trying to distance from this norm, of expectation, I guess I am surprised by the lack of actual crazy/out there people, though maybe I am just used to experiencing such on another site, and in a sense miss that, as its been a while
>>
>>8975735
>as if we are the rules of language itselves, at the very base..
you're probably talking about /pol/, but yes, your right, the base is the language of the board, takes a bit of lurking until you get it. regardless of your intelligence, any shitpost will be considered a valid contribution to the community, as long as you use the language.
>>
>>8975717
>>8975693
>>8975682
I usually feel it like it's the person narrating it to themselves in they're head.

You know when you're falling and you think "This is going to hurt' ?
>ThisIsGonnaHurt.gif
where the extension usually signifies a quicker thought or emotion, or one that's harder to put into words.

Greentext in conversation usually feels like paraphrasing, with the others' response in quotations is more exact.
>you ate a whole jar of peanut butter
"Oh, I just got a little hungry, tee-hee!"
I for one enjoy the greentext formula of writing because once you're familiar with the culture, you can read into it a bit more while reading less. It becomes higher context than what's actually written.
>>
It is in a low, monotonous voice, as in each word is the same pitch.
>>
In real life 'greentexting' takes the form of repeating word-for-word exactly what someone said right back at them, for the effect of showing the absurdity of their words. In literature it's no different from a writer or critic 'quoting' another before a response.
>>
>>8975966
mentally greentexting in real life situations is fun
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.