[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what should I read before I read this, really? >inb4 the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

So what should I read before I read this, really?
>inb4 the western canon
>inb4 it's too much so just read it with a plebby guide
Don't be plebs, /lit/, and tell me what should I actually read before it, specifically.
>>
You're not going to have any luck reading Finnegans Wake unless you make serious work out of it. Knowing what it's referencing is half the battle. I can't give you the knowledge to make sense of Finnegans Wake unless I already have that knowledge. If you are a serious student of Joyce and want to take the book on either pick up a guide (which is surely equivalent to asking for help online) or do the research yourself.

That said, here are some safe bets for required reading:
The Iliad
The Odyssey
The Aeneid
Metamorphoses
Greek and Roman myth in general
Egyptian myth
The Holy Bible
The Divine Comedy
Paradise Lost
perhaps Ulysses?
>>
and I guess the implicit question in my post is this:

do you really think anyone on /lit/ has read Finnegans Wake and could therefore be able to help you?
>>
Vico's New Science, dummy.
>>
my diary desu
>>
>>8974440
HAHAHAHHAHAAAA HAAAHAHHHAAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAA
>>
There's a finnegan's wake reading guide on the internet somewhere that basically dissects it line for line, search for that I don't want to because I don't care to.
>>
>references, the book.

Wow so smart. Shit story though.
>>
File: z.png (3KB, 420x133px) Image search: [Google]
z.png
3KB, 420x133px
So what should i study before I solve this, really?
>inb4 basic maths
>inb4 it's too much so just solve it with a plebby guide
Don't be plebs, /lit/, and tell me what should i actually study before it, specifically.
>>
>>8974859

that's really easy. all you have to do is subtract the dx from both sides and distribute the 0 from the bottom of the inner bar and then divide by the -5. the answer is 6.
>>
>>8974872
>/lit/ in charge of math
>>
>>8974859
>maths
go fucking drink some tea and shove fucking crumpets up your ass, piece of shit
>>
>>8974904
stop it's cute when they do that
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.