[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hey anon, I heard you like to read so I bought you this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image:47057.jpg (33KB, 460x767px) Image search: [Google]
image:47057.jpg
33KB, 460x767px
>Hey anon, I heard you like to read so I bought you this. Hope you like it!
>>
>>8972149
>Thank you!
>Sell it on ebay
>>
>>8972149
>Oh thanks!
>Later that day I open the book and read the first page
>It reads as follows:Late in the winter of my seventeenth year, my mother decided I was depressed, presumably because I rarely left the house, spent quite a lot of time in bed, read the same book over and over,, ate infrequently, and devoted quite a bit of my abundant free time thinking about death. Whenever you read a cancer booklet or website or whatever, they always list depression among the side effects of cancer. But in fact, depression is not a side effect of cancer. Depression is a side effect of dying. (Cancer is also a side effect of dying. Almost everything is really.) But my mom believed I required treatment, so she took me to see my regular Doctor Jim, who agreed that I was veritably swimming in a paralyzing and totally clinical depression, and that therefore my meds should be adjusted and also I should attend a weekly Support Group.
>I put down the book and bring it to a charity shop later in the week getting rid of it
>>
>>8972216
Reddit: The Author
>>
>Hey anon, come with me to the library to choose a book for your birthday
>Can we go to the second hand shop instead and buy 5 books for the price of 1?
>Of course not, I'm not going to buy you used books, silly anon

This literally happened to me before. Why is everyone such a dirty consumerist?
>>
>>8972216
>Depression is a side effect of dying. (Cancer is also a side effect of dying. Almost everything is really.)
I've never read anything by this guy but holy shit, what a shit writer.
>>
>>8972149
My mother got me the Peter Garrett memoir, autographed too, for Xmas. I couldn't even muster a smile. "Anon, I know you care about politics and human rights so I got you this." Peter Garrett is a liberal pleb.
>Disappointed.flv
>>
>>8972149
I need it, ran out of toilet paper. What a shit gtfo.
>>
>>8972245
Used books are gross as fuck.
>>
>>8972149
I'll sincerely thank the person for gifting me something because I'm not an ungrateful prick. Then I'll read it because I'm not an autist.

Sure its hot garbage but it doesn't cost me anything to read that small book, in the end I can at least call it shit with some authority. Just like when I watched the whole Twilight series with my girlfriend without complaining and when it was done we both agreed that it was in fact really shit and moved on with our lives.
>>
>>8972238
I googled it to write that and yeah it's pretty fucking bad. Tfw this shit in learned in English classes in secondary schools rn
>>8972269
He's a heck of a philosopher alright
>>
>>8972216
>adjusted my meds
Ah yes the sly normalisation of using drugs on your mind
>>
>>8972315
Just an excuse to indulge in plebbery. You will never be q true patrician
>>
>>8972216
Can someone explain how cancer is a side effect of dying instead of dying a side effect of cancer? I'm not lit enough to understand the great Green.
>>
>>8972578
He tries to be deep, but he is too retarded for it.
>>
>>8972216
>two periods within parentheses
>>
>>8972149
it happened to me once
before there was a Twilight movie, the book was really popular and one day my mom comes at home and say "Here! I bought you this, its really popular, its a best-seller, i hope you like it".
I love vampires and was a pleb at that time, then i actually read it. Even at that time, i could notice that it was garbage tier literature and i kept reading just to find flaws and contradictions.
Years later its a movie... a fucking bad movie.
>>
>>8972149
This... isn't reading my dear. I read to read deeply. To read deeply to contemplate, to become possessed by the verse.
>>
>>8972578
I haven't read this turd of a book, but it could be that he's writing in a dumb teen voice that doesn't understand what he's saying and makes such errors.

Just throwing out that possibility.
>>
>>8972984
[tipping intensifies]
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.