[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever been as correct as Malthus? When will his crises

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: tfw right about everything.png (461KB, 1353x454px) Image search: [Google]
tfw right about everything.png
461KB, 1353x454px
Has anyone ever been as correct as Malthus? When will his crises occur, or is it already occurring?
>>
>>8971083
We've been kicking it down the road for a long time. Eventually either one of our ad hoc fixes will backfire, or we won't implement it in time. Impossible to say exactly when it will happen, but Trump being elected at the same time as the ice caps going into overdrive makes me think it will be in the next few years.
>>
>>8971125
>the ice caps going into overdrive
Melt or freeze? whats the over under?
>>
>>8971083
malthus was wrong as hell you fucking idiot, his predictions didn't come true over centuries and now we are going to run out of resources but it's not overpopulation, it's drastic overconsumption by certain small segments of the population

kys if you're so worried about overpopulation
>>
>>8971865
Lol this.

>this guy was so right
>except he's been wrong for hundreds of years so far
>any minute now guys

The fear of Malthusian disasters has been dwindling since the 20th century if not the enlightenment period.
>>
>>8971083
why does /lit/ think philosophers (economists, etc.) are prophets ?
>>
Not really, population growth has been slowing down, since the more developed a country becomes the more children it has.

right now the risk is population aging, there's not enough young workers to sustain a big elder population.

I'm sure if technology and agriculture didn't progressed he could be right, I dunno.
>>
>>8972540
less children *
>>
>>8972540
Holy shit, I just realized our children will lovingly euthanize us en masse.
>>
>>8972654
>implying you'll have a child
>>
>>8972654
there's no need thanks to automatization.
more like blacks will be the young people while whites become old and start dieing in mass number.
>>
Overpopulation is a myth.

In the entire history of wrong, no one has ever been more wrong than Malthus.
>>
>>8972540
>population growth has been slowing down
> there's not enough young workers to sustain a big elder population

Can you provide sources? This has actually truly intrigued me
>>
>>8972683
It mostly affects white people.
For some (((pol reasons))) whites decided to stop breeding new childrens.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/looks-like-white-people-will-be-a-minority-in-the-us-pretty-soon-vgtrn-825

you can see pol blaming inmigration and hating non whites, but the real reasons are whites are losing the population game, and their leaders are starting to promote inmigration to avoid economic collapse.

but pol loves to blame the jews rather than see the causes are demographic winter.

Google demographic winter, there's a documentary on youtube.
>>
>>8972693
I'm sympathetic to a lot of the /pol/ stuff, but I don't think everything that goes bad for whites is the notorious ZOG at it again.

The reason this intrigues me is because I had a professor claim the reason for multiculturalism and mass immigration was to accommodate for there not being many workers left, presumably referring to whites. I hadn't really put much consideration to his thoughts because I am a college student so, therefore, my opinions are superior to his.

It's interesting to run into the view again around here, I hadn't approached the whole thing from this perspective before, that is, from the perspective of economic accommodation. I will definitely be framing things more from this angle in the future to see where it leads me.
>>
>>8972710
yeah, I discovered the mass inmigration problem not through pol and marxisms views, but through economic youtubers.

the cultural marxism and other pol BS are simply easy scapegoats for their simple minds followers, who need an scapegoat to be angry at, be jews, muslims, blacks, hispanics, chinese.

It's easy to fall into that trap and not see the real reasons.
society is too complex already to be controlled by a few elite society members.
>>
>>8972732
I agree, I strongly doubt the existence of a elite Jewish circle. Even people like Soros have rocky relationships with other Jews, so I do not understand why we'd assume there would be some sort of organized Jewry when they seem to have conflicting goals.

What are some of the economic YTbers you've tuned into?
>>
>>8972745
most of that shit is typically conspiranoic shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QursbdbhAJw
but professor steve keen is God tier, and he's a real professor in some top university, without all the BS.

I also like to watch Richard D. Wolff which is a marxist, but marxism is not so bad.

Otherwise Gordon T. Long.
These are god tier.
The rest are usually economic decline and collapse retards.
>>
wtf i believe /something else/ now
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.