[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think most here probably agree the community on Goodreads is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1453450761938.png (53KB, 1348x288px) Image search: [Google]
1453450761938.png
53KB, 1348x288px
I think most here probably agree the community on Goodreads is shit, but does anybody use it (or some other similar service) to keep a reading log/maintain their backlog?
>>
It's alright once you get past the basic books and yeah
>>
>>8970832
I use LibraryThing for cataloging my personal library.
>>
Lots of /lit/izens do that, actually.
>>
>>8970832

Pencil and paper
then goodreads
>>
GR is great but things get fucked when you wander out of the /lit/ circle.
>two days ago
>someone random adds me
>didn't think much about the confirmation
>I log back on the next day and my feed is completely blown up by this guy posting reviews every 10 minutes
>check his profile and the dude was literally reposting every review he had ever written for the last five years over and over to get the #1 goodreads reviewer spot
>on a goddamn book cataloging site
>the reviews themselves were just shitty two paragraph nothing blurbs
>he didn't even start with the greeks
>>
>>8971029
My goodreads is mostly people from my facebook feed and the additional outsider (some 4chan people from way back and a guy who reviews presidential biographies). It's pretty good, just the occasional qt3.14 rereading the entire Harry Potter series can get annoying
>>
>>8970832
That's literally all I use it for desu
>>
>>8970832

I use Goodreads to masturbate to a picture collage of the covers of all the books I've read.
>>
>>8970832
going beyond the 4chan community is not a good idea: the rest is split between basic bitch YA reviewers, and hijabi YA reviewer.
>>
>>8970832
If you build your own community it is fine
>>
I use it for my autistic needs but never interact with the community.
>>
>>8970832
Yes. I even removed all my friends and set my profile to private so that I could add everything without being judged.
>>
>>8970832
Apart from the read/to read log (and stats for autists), there have been a few people whose reviews I found useful. Not that I found myself agreeing with any of them all the time, of course, but there are useful, informative reviews out there which, when you take into account the general bias of the site and of each reviewer once you get to know them a little, are better than nothing.

From the top of my head: Hadrian, Nate D, MJ Nichols (numale-type guy but quite well read), J Keely (total arrogant twat but eloquent). If you're into genre crap you'll probably find a lot more knowledgeable reviewers who might be into the same crap as yourself.
>>
I perv on other /lit/ autists
>>
I enjoy reading these shitty reviews, it's amusing.

I have a bunch of /lit/ people as friends, no irl people.

I used it to keep a catalog.

The 5 star rating system is stupid but I try to use it as sensible as I can.
>>
>>8973175
How do you find /lit/ people to friend?
>>
>>8973269
We have goodread threads sometimes and people post their accounts!

We could make a thread right away if you want some friends?
>>
>>8973269
You wait till someone makes a goodreads thread.
>>
>>8973269
goodreads thread also there were /lit/ book clubs couple years ago but they died
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.