[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So even though I'm no where near finishing Cardinal of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: download (1).png (5KB, 289x174px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
5KB, 289x174px
So even though I'm no where near finishing Cardinal of the Kremlin and the last 2 books I've read with the exception of the finest hours I'm looking for something to read thats Star Wars related (legends or not doesnt really matter) but i would like some recommendations on books that either take place in the old republic era, the pre clone wars stuff like the book about plageious or relating to qui gon or obi, clone wars if the main character is someone like Alpha 17, Rise of the empire/fall of the republic,or even doing heir to the empire, but my problem is i dont know where i want to start and what with.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but id just figure this would be the best place to ask
>>
Don't.

Licensed media is shit.

Read something like Leigh Bracketts C.L. Moores planetary romances, they are both influences on Lucas - Brackett wrote the first draft of Empire and Moores character Northwest Smith is basically Han Solo on Mars & Venus.

You can try some other Golden Age space opera

Or move onto New Wave reinventions like Samuel R Delanys Nova and Babel-17 and Einstein Intersection, or Frank Herbert's Dune.

Then there is the modern nu-Space Opera. Vernor Vinge, Stephen Baxter, Ian M. Banks, Alastair Reynolds, Peter F. Hamilton, Dan Simmons, Anne Leckie, etc

Avoid anything published by Baen.
>>
How's the thrawn trilogy? Bought the series used for cheap, still haven't read it - been sitting on my shelf for awhile. For some reason I tend to hold a stigma towards it because there was nothing really comparable to it when it came out, so of course its good at least we have star wars again
>>
>>8967396
But i want to read star wars EU because i like star wars
>>
>>8967396
none of those have monks with lightsabers tho
>>
>>8967405
The Thrawn Trilogy is worth reading, as is the Hand of Thrawn Duology
And I'd say that the X-Wing novels are decent too, but you're probably better just reading wookiepedia synopsis on most stuff
>>
>>8967535
Thats my thing though i read Plageious' wiki and there so much shit that went one even behind the scenes while the movies were taking place and i want more of that
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.