[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is wrong with Razumikhin? Does he have manic depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

What the fuck is wrong with Razumikhin? Does he have manic depression or some shit? Am I supposed to like him? He honestly seems way crazier than Raskolnikov
>>
>>8966984
Armenian?
>>
>>8966984
>>8967019
forget it, that makes no sense, he's just a 'bro'
>>
>>8967037
Also he's maybe in love with his sister a little, and really likes his family in general.
So he assumes this protector role.
>>
>>8966680
How is he crazy? He's just a pure-hearted bro.
>>
>>8966680
>Razumikhin
>Raskolnikov
Clearly making these names up on the spot.
>>
>>8967084
>OH HI I JUST MET YOU DID YOU KNOW THAT LYING IS GREAT CAUSE IT LEADS TO THE TRUTH OMG YOU'RE SO PURE I LOVE YOU LET ME GET ON MY KNEES AND KISS YOUR HAND, LOL I HATE EVERYONE BUT NOT REALLY I LOVE THEM
>>
>>8966680
Razumkhin is just a nice, well-adjusted guy, the total opposite of Raskolnikov.
>>
Razumikhin is the exact opposite of Roskolnikov, he possessess all the good qualities the latter lacks, like true kindness and humility. Bow Svirligov is a clone of Roskolnikov.
>>
I'm reading the McDuff translation rn: Is the book this damn boring for anyone else? Did I fuck up getting the most "accessible" translation? Or is the fact I'm coming off a few months of experimental lit biasing me towards boredom?
>>
>>8966680
>What the fuck is wrong with Razumikhin? Does he have manic depression or some shit? Am I supposed to like him? He honestly seems way crazier than Raskolnikov
You literally got the wrongest impression possible on every account. Maybe reading isn't for you, anon.
>>
>>8966680
He's a hyperbolic "good guy". Also that cover of the book is shit
>>
>>8966680

they are fictional characters not real people you must be retarded
>>
>>8968186
>Also that cover of the book is shit
Oh fuck off, have you even seen it in person? Have you seen the detail and embossing? Kys
>>
>>8967478
Wait til about halfway through. Once events start picking up faster and the actual cat and mouse game starts it gets better. The detective is a really neat character once he starts mind fucking him.
>>
>>8968144
Don't be butt blasted just because someone said something you didn't like about your mystery novel.
>>
>>8966680
What is antithesis. The thread.
>>
>>8966680
can anyone upload an epub/pdf of this edition of crime and punishment please?
>>
>>8968258
i'm not the guy you quoted but yes that cover is shit. Raskolnikov is supposed to be attractive.
>>
>>8968417
>>8968186
It looks like dr. Seuss' designer got the job to make the cover art through some mishap.
Maybe there's a new edition of a dr. Seuss book somewhere that the covert art designer for Dosto had to do. With some antropomorphic fox looking really austere and depressed, rhyming about his nervous rejection of the orthodox faith.
>>
>>8968258
>the detail
Completely irrelevant
>embossing
Are you a fucking child?
The art is simply ugly and inappropriate on multiple levels. You don't have to be an art critic to see that.
>>
I cringe so hard every time I see this cover art
>>
>>8968258
did you buy it with your allowance or something? tippity kekoo
>>
>>8967478
Same. I'm 20 pages in so far and I'm a little bored. I'm giving it to 100 pages.
>>
>>8967478
Dostoevsky's books are all slow reads.
>>
>>8968575
It's not even the worst cover
>>
>>8967398
Svirligov is more like a figure of Raskolnikov's mindset and rationalizations carried out to its logical conclusion
>>
the ending of this book really went over my head. the entire epilogue seemed random
>>
>>8969833
The epilogue is what gives the whole book meaning. He repents his crime only after discarding his nihilism and surrendering to his love for a prostitute.
>>
>>8969861
It can be assumed that he repented without the epilogue. In fact the epilogue is the most frequently criticized part of the novel. To say it is what gives the book meaning is a vast overstatement to anyone who was reading the book with themes and literary composition in mind.
>>
>>8966680
How did the police know the woman was killed with an axe when she was only hit with the blunt end and not the blade?
>>
File: zlocin_kazna.jpg (32KB, 624x974px) Image search: [Google]
zlocin_kazna.jpg
32KB, 624x974px
>>8968762
this one makes you think though
>>
File: cp2-1024x576.jpg (179KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
cp2-1024x576.jpg
179KB, 1024x576px
>>8968575
The art on the back and inside flaps is actually really good.
>>
>>8967478
Keep reading. It's the best murder story written in the past 130+ years.
>>
>all the faggots hating on this cover
It captures the tone and atmosphere of the book perfectly
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.