[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does desu mean and what book (or author) you claim you hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1483279118468.jpg (163KB, 1024x714px) Image search: [Google]
1483279118468.jpg
163KB, 1024x714px
What does desu mean and what book (or author) you claim you hate but secretly like

mine would be Wild Sheep Chase by the mur
>>
>>8966539
>What does desu mean
baka senpai
>>
>>8966539
this pic really makes me think.

desu is like desu from the Desu Tree from Legend of Zelda, you know?
>>
>>8966539
Desu is akin to "this is" or "it is." It is a possessive term.
>>
>>8966557
then why does desu filter to desu, at least the others make sense kinda
>>
i dont pretend to hate any book i like
that's absurd
>>
>>8966552
That we, as a race, were still nose deep in smartphones even before smartphones?
>>
desu used to be cool, but now is neo-4chan teenagers using twitter lingo
ignore anyone that uses it
>>
File: A6g67Qh.jpg (142KB, 931x778px) Image search: [Google]
A6g67Qh.jpg
142KB, 931x778px
>>8966563
you're on /lit/, you can't be completely oblivious to the concept
>>
>>8966568
That broadsheets are really inconvenient.
>>
>>8966581
Yeah, that's true.
>>
>>8966539
I can recommend the audiobook of A Wild Sheep Chase. Murakami in general is super comfy to listen to while you're cooking something or working in your garden.
>>
>>8966606
What would be his best or comfiest stories? I've read A Wild Sheep Chase, Dance Dance Dance and The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.

Seems like Murakami isn't great at writing at length, as I only really enjoyed the shortest one of the three.
>>
>>8966568
yeah, I was wondering if they were ingesting purer content than we do now, or if both generations pass our waiting time with equivalent fluff.

Also by reading the same paper they are all exposed to the same content and may be more social as they can relate to what info they were exposed to this morning while nowadays one person can be reading hentai on their phone while the person next to them is looking up the next fad diet, while someone behind them is read Scientific American. Sure, newspapers have their sections divided to particular interest genres but they are not nearly as diversified as the infinite we have available to our fingertips today
>>
>>8966611
Huh, I'd have recommended all three of them, actually.
How about Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World? you could go for after dark if you want something different... that one has a pretty unique tone for Murakami.
>>
>>8966623
Sheep Chase was the first one I've read, I guess the other ones felt like they had very similar presentation, except stretched out more.
>>
>>8966702
Alright, go for After Dark then. There's also After the Quake, which is a shortstory collection.
>>
File: number one.png (109KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
number one.png
109KB, 500x281px
>>8966708
Appreciated, will give them a shot.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.