[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It just occurred to me, most philosophers, even major ones, spend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: simone.jpg (22KB, 435x640px) Image search: [Google]
simone.jpg
22KB, 435x640px
It just occurred to me, most philosophers, even major ones, spend basically their entire careers reacting to a prior philosopher, either trying to refute them or taking their ideas and expanding them further.
>>
File: pepner.png (58KB, 636x674px) Image search: [Google]
pepner.png
58KB, 636x674px
>>8962359
Solipsists don't.
>>
As opposed to?
>>
>>8962359
It's almost as if we live in a deterministic universe where meatpuppets are not unmoved movers
>>
>>8962359
yea thats because philosophy is the world greatest reaction thread
>>
>>8962359
Literally the same thing applies to every field of human endeavour
>>
>>8962452
Demonstrate this.
>>
If all of philosophy was one big 4chan thread, who would have the most (You)'s?
>>
>>8962553
Plato or Jesus.
>>
Yes because thats how humanity makes progress.
>>
>>8962552
Spoken like a true NEET who has never even attempted to contribute to any field.
>>
File: hegel.jpg (39KB, 309x400px) Image search: [Google]
hegel.jpg
39KB, 309x400px
>>8962359
you're not the first person to think this
>>
>>8962359
The majority of philosophy is just common sense written in a well articulated manner. The greeks basically sowed the fields of philosphy bare and everything after that is just edgy shit with no originality.

Every layman comes up with and contemplates at least a few big philosophical theories on his own without even knowing that the same thoughts made someone else famous.
>>
>>8962625
Demonstrate this.
>>
>>8962743
"Every layman comes up with and contemplates at least a few big philosophical theories on his own without even knowing that the same thoughts made someone else famous."

OR

The 'self-evident facts' that appear before the "layman" are the products of a shared language and culturethat is the dispersed and reassimilated thought of someone who actually though hard about the limits of their time's conceptual horizon. I honestly don't want to valorise the professionalisation of philosophical knowledge, but to say 'everything after [the Greeks] is just edgy shit with no originality.' is to dismiss the technical distinctions and nuance that the Greeks actually came up with.
>>
>>8962359
deep
>>
>>8962553

Diogenes for shitposting too much
>>
>>8962452
elaborate. genuinely interested
>>
File: 1353300904726.jpg (89KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1353300904726.jpg
89KB, 600x800px
>>8962359
Wow dude thats really deep

You should post this on /r/Showerthoughts
>>
>>8963227
Deep meme my man
>>
>>8962359
I want her to sit on my face
>>
>>8962359
Kind of hard to come up with something brand new after thousands of years of thinking.
>>
>>8962406

They spend all their time trying to refute world.

>>8962359

This is why Hegel makes the negative, nihilating aspect of thinking the basis of his work. Whatever thought takes hold of, it can't help but take it apart.
>>
>>8962452
>>8962552

the anxiety of influence. /lit/ doesnt even know their own stupid maymays.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.