[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've a thought. If I enjoy a pirated ebook, and I want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: carla-gugi.jpg (119KB, 388x580px) Image search: [Google]
carla-gugi.jpg
119KB, 388x580px
I've a thought. If I enjoy a pirated ebook, and I want to give back to the author, what would be more morally acceptable?

>i buy the physical book
>i buy ebook
>i send the money directly to the author
>something else?

With first I help the physical book market. Publisher gets his cut. Author gets his. Trees die.
With second I help ebook market. Publisher gets maybe a slightly bigger cut. Author gets his. People employed in printing lose jobs.
With third author gets a big cut, he feels directly appreciated, but it's harming his sales statistics, and his standing with publisher.
>>
>>8962087
Buy print book. Donate to library
>>
>>8962087
Unworthy resolution, sorry bout that.
>>
A single tree has enough wood to make hundreds of books. You not buying or buying books is not significantly impacting the environment.

You know the junk you get in the mail every day? I hope you recycle that.

>The US uses approx. 68 million trees each year to produce 17 billion catalogues and 65 billion pieces of direct mail.

That's 0.2 trees per person spent on mailers each year. Recycling all the waste paper you receive is far, far more important than forgoing physical books. Extremely important for businesses as 50% of their waste is paper.
>>
>>8962311
Yeah right. I'm not completely certain on what paper is used on catalogues in us, but it's quite possibly low quality recycled, often with calcium-carbonate coatings to make it look high class. Never as high quality as books.
>>
>>8962087

>i buy the physical book
and do this if you can >>8962093

>i buy ebook
this is the easiest option to give author money

>i send the money directly to the author
i don't think its that easy...
>>
>>8962087
>something else?
strategically shill the author on your litspot of interest. That sort of marketing boost is ultimately worth more to the author than one book's cut
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.