[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would a twelve-year-old, with a little guidance, be able to appreciate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: das book.jpg (36KB, 271x400px) Image search: [Google]
das book.jpg
36KB, 271x400px
Would a twelve-year-old, with a little guidance, be able to appreciate what this book has to offer?
>>
>>8961543

no, it's total trash

gateway lit that undergrads like to namedrop when talking about what they've studied.
>>
>>8961552
/thread

2 replies, 3 posters, officially closed.
>>
>>8961543
Is it a women? Then no chance.

Also, the book offers nothing except 'hurr raysisum is bad xD'. Protip: it's not. It's genetically and evolutionarily wired into us and there's a racial hierarchy with whites on top. Also, fuck women writers, their inferior
>>
>>8961561
Please don't post such poor content
>>
>>8961543
Fuck, I read that when I was 10 and got the gist. It's hardly subtle. Why would a 12 year old need guidance, unless it's retarded?
>>
>>8961604
I meant more a full appreciation of the themes, rather than just the plot
>>
>>8961612
Well, I got that too. Themes are pretty basic in that book.
>>
>>8961612
>>8961624
To continue, it comes back to whether said 12 year old is a retard or not.
>>
I read this for fun when I was 12 and enjoyed it a lot. I don't think a kid needs any guidance at all to appreciate it... I was so interested I sat through the movie afterwards even though it's in black and white, which was a deal breaker for me at 12.
As far as themes go, yes, they're easy to pick up on. Beyond racism, I remember thinking about Scout's relationship with her dad and about justice and I was distinctly angry about how sometimes the thing we knew was right wasn't allowed to work out by the system/majority/circumstance.
I don't know why people trash this book for fun but I think a 12 year old interested in reading would enjoy it just as I did.
>>
>>8961543
Of course. It's liberal propoganda meant to teach kids that black people are morally superior and white people are evil at a young age.
>>
>>8961543
Boy or girl?
If girl, pics?
>>
>>8961543
Aren't 12 year olds the only demographic that are able to appreciate what this book has to offer?
>>
>>8962943
Of a 12 year old? You nasty fuck.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.