[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get a kindle? I'm browsing the prices and they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 91lXXqCiOnL._SY500_.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
91lXXqCiOnL._SY500_.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
Should I get a kindle?
I'm browsing the prices and they aren't much cheaper than just buying a decent used physical copy, and sometimes are more expensive. Not sure if its worth it
>>
>>8957569
No.

Defectivebydesign.org/amazon-kindle-swindle
>>
>>8957569
Buy a kindle, and then wait for a sharethread on /lit/ or go to bookzz or libgen, and have at it with free books
>>
Most people here buy an ereader for piracy. Otherwise the prices are similar and the only reason to get one would be portability.
>>
>>8957569
I really enjoyed my kindle when I had it. I had the first gray one. 2nd gen, maybe? great for reading in bed, easier on the eyes than a computer, tablet, or phone screen.

Didn't like the kindle fire. Seemed like a step away from what it actually was just to grab at tablet market share.

Now I'm just a torrenting bitch with an epub reader app on my phone.

I'd say Regular Kindle beats physical books, physical books beat everything else.
>>
>>8957569
The prices are similar mostly when it's the latest books, but most classics are free or cheap. And you can wait a few months or a year to have a new book have its price reduced. But a kindle is especially worth it for all the pdfs, epub you can find online and are kind of a bore to read on your desk pc/mac.
>>
got one for christmas and its super convenient
>>
get a kobo
>>
>>8959159
seconding this. Get the kobo glo by fnac. Surprisingly cheap.
>>
>>8959137
I thought kindles are bad for PDF because you have to manually zoom in?
>>
I still find physical books more pleasant to read. But having a Kindle is very convenient if you travel, especially if you like to have more than one book on the go at once.

The grey-screen ones are much easier on the eyes than phone or tablet screens too.

Of course if you're a filthy pirate, most books are then free...
>>
>>8957569
Yeah I have the 7th gen and it's awesome. epub to azw3 (kindle format) is a perfect conversion

Haven't bought a single book off amazon yet lol
>>
>>8959428
There's literally nothing wrong with pirating, especially since most of the authors /lit/ reads are long dead. Besides, pirating lowers the opportunity cost of reading any new book, regardless of price or length or availability to just the time spent and not money. It's pretty much the same as borrowing books from a library, except that you don't have to adhere to the time limit and you don't have to worry about the previous borrower reading it while they were on the shitter. Some libraries offer ebook lending services too I think
>>
can you read comics/manga on a kindle?
>>
>>8959442
who cares lol
>>
>>8957569
Just buy and 8th gen. entry Kindle. 80 bucks and no bells and whistles. Just an e-ink reader. Even if you were to pirate books, the kindle store on Amazon has hundreds of classics for free. You can pack it full of gems within the first day of you opening it and read for a lifetime. It'll be the best 80 dollars you've ever spent. This coming from an a e s t h e t i c fag who amassed over 1,500 books and fought tooth and nail against ereaders. I ate my words and they've never been more delicious.
>>
>>8959472
but can you read it in the dark without the LED lights that the other ones have? I usually read at night with a shitty little book light
>>
>>8957575

>After you read a physical book, you can give it to a friend or sell it. Not so with a Kindle book. You can donate a physical book to a library -- an institution whose purpose is to continue sharing it for as long as possible. The Kindle's DRM, however, is designed explicitly to prevent sharing and the public benefit that institutions like libraries provide.[1]

Yeah, no fucking shit. You have to have severe retardation if you think that digital books are equivalent to physical books.
>>
>>8959476
If that's the case then just go with the Paperwhite for about 40 bucks more I believe. That's the standard for great ereaders. I just suggested the basic Kindle cause it's about as minimalistic as you can get with this type of technology and it's absolutely worth every penny. Paperwhite is ideal for night reading tho. In short, just buy one - you won't regret it.
>>
I usually prefer physical books, but I also have a Kindle Voyage. They are very good for reading without people staring at you weird for the books you read. I also like being able to have a large selection with me without a lot of bags.
If you are working on building your vocabulary through book it has a built in dictionary and the ability to attach notes.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.