[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm writing a romance novel. YA/NA, idk. I noticed that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2655.jpg (965KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2655.jpg
965KB, 1280x1024px
I'm writing a romance novel. YA/NA, idk. I noticed that the male love interest is always Chad. Nerdy Chad, Intelligent Chad, Bad Boy Chad. They're always good looking.

I want my love interest to have long hair and a long beard. This is not conventionally attractive. Will this be a problem?
>>
>>8956227
The girls will imagine him without it, so it won't really matter.
>>
>>8956229
that sucks. i hate that.
>>
>>8956227
>I'm writing a romance novel.

why? why would you do that? i mean it's as if you posted "i am slowly gouging my eyes out with a potato peeler."
>>
>>8956290
I love romance. It's 85% of what I read
>>
>>8956325
>YA/NA

why tho?

Aim higher
>>
>>8956227
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJDkWDO5RY
>>
>>8956569
Why? So I can impress you tryhards?
>>
My male love interest doubles as the comic relief. He's bucktoothed, smush-nosed, freckled, and a scrawny weakling.

OP, your love interest is going to seem like some sort of old school hippie or something, and most young men can't grow a decent beard for shit, so if you're aiming for a YA age group, it might be a little awkward. But do whatever.

I once wrote an entire novel that I based on a series of dice rolls and a very basic random event generator made of little pieces of colored card.

Do what you want.

If you fail, well, you learned a thing. If you succeed, then you made it work and that's great.
>>
>>8957390
this dice-rolled novel piques my interest. Care to talk about it some more?
>>
File: pedo_finder_general_is_watching.jpg (58KB, 362x308px) Image search: [Google]
pedo_finder_general_is_watching.jpg
58KB, 362x308px
>>8956325
> YA romance

> closet pedo
>>
>>8956227
>im writing YA/NA

Why?

Because it sells? Because if that's your motive I doubt if it will work well. YA is the worst "genre" anyways.

Its basically guaranteed to be bad. Good novels that are good for younger kids or teenagers are never marketed as "YA" they're marketed as novels suitable for younger people i.e. lord of the flies or Catcher in the Rye etc.

YA's distinguish trait is that its fiction ONLY for teenagers and kids because only they can actually stomach it.
>>
>>8958213
I'm a 19 year old girl.
>>8957390
The girl is dating an older guy.
>>
File: long hair.jpg (78KB, 423x750px) Image search: [Google]
long hair.jpg
78KB, 423x750px
>>8956227
>>
>>8956227
Why not make the love interest not Chad? Also, long hair has never looked good on men, ever. They never look after it the way most girls do, and it's gross.
>>
>>8958971
You're really not helping the whole 'girls only read YA crap' stuff.

Either you're retarded for being on /lit/ as a girl for one thing, and a girl who only reads shit for another, or you're baiting.

I'm putting my money on the latter at this point.
>>
>>8956227
>YA
>not conventionally attractive
>Will this be a problem?

Unless your character isn't a 1:1 copy of L from Deathnote you just answered your own question.
>>
>>8959091
I've seen a lot of good looking men with long hair.
>>8959092
I don't exclusively read YA.
>>8959370
Dunno who that is and how that matters.
>>
>>8959643
Why read YA at all? You only have a finite amount of reading time in your life. There are so much better books out there.
>>
>>8956227
Yes because people who read that crap don't like subversion, they just want a carbon copy of the same shit book they've read a thousand times already
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.