[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you study philosophy in uni but figure out you were only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

>tfw you study philosophy in uni but figure out you were only really interested in the history of philosophy

Is there anything worthwhile in the analytic tradition that doesn't ignore Hegel, Marx, Althusser, Heidegger and basically every notable continental thinker that triggers Anglos?
>>
Hmmm....Richard Rorty?
>>
Also, maybe A.N. Whitehead
>>
>>8955531
Why the fuck do you asume you can only take a pragmatic approach to philosophy while being of the "analytic tradition"?

That's what the *ideology* they tried to impose and apparently you ate all their crap

it's not that dicotomic really, and that continental v/s analytic "debate" is more of a meme than a serious thing in the academia nowadays
>>
>>8956636
that's the*

i mean idk if i got it right but you made it sound like not being of the analytic tradition = being only interested in the history of philosophy
>>
>>8956636

>it's not that dicotomic really, and that continental v/s analytic "debate" is more of a meme than a serious thing in the academia nowadays

non-philosophers keep on repeating this line and i can tell you that it is absolutely not true. continetal philosophy has been reduced to a handful of schools around the us and the interplay between analytic and continental philosophy is almost none if it does not happen within a certain university. there are *some* philosophers who transcend the boundary but the spirit of the vienna school ("they're not doing real philosophy") is alive and well. i can say that most academic philosophers read "across the border" but don't participate in the opposite brand of philosophy at all. this isn't "academic" per se but just check out the Philosophy Talk podcast on Derrida for a good summation of what it's like: two Harvard analtyic philosophers conceding a few superficial points before trashing the whole project as muddle-headed and pointless. They even say "Derrida would have been a much better philosopher had he just read Frege and Russell." the divide is real.
>>
>>8956667

The divide is real and makes sense.
Continental "philosophy" is just bad literature.
>>
>>8956667
>around the us
Lol
>>
>>8956934
thanks for your opinion real "philosopher"
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.