[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To those who have studied or are studying literature at degree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: kleeangel2.jpg (95KB, 400x537px) Image search: [Google]
kleeangel2.jpg
95KB, 400x537px
To those who have studied or are studying literature at degree level, what school of criticism does you and your school favour?
>>
"I like it"
>>
File: harold-bloom_300x304.jpg (21KB, 300x304px) Image search: [Google]
harold-bloom_300x304.jpg
21KB, 300x304px
bardolatry
>>
>>8951877
I see, how does that affect their treatment of texts that aren't Shakespeare's?
>>
File: pynchon3-sized.jpg (21KB, 223x270px) Image search: [Google]
pynchon3-sized.jpg
21KB, 223x270px
>>8951635
>Criticism
Rude.
>>
i seriously thought /lit/ would deliver on this one

anyone?
>>
>>8952131
it's a slow board, not counting bait
>>
>>8952145
ah well

modes of crit is really interersting to discuss
>>
>>8951635
Who knows to be honest
>>
I love the russian formalism, but i think the post-structuralism is inescapable.
>>
>>8952256
I guess I'd be a hypocrit if I dont through myself into the ring.

I currently am using "practical criticism" aka "new criticism". I dont got to cambridge but I know they were one of the proponents of it. Not shure about what they use now.

I like practical crit but fear that it might not bring out the best critic in me. I don't have a lot of contextual knowledge and often find myself struggling with unseen text. Currently I'm trying to get to grips with deconstructionism and it's is such a struggle.

Any deconstructionaists here?
>>
>>8952273
In escapable how?

Like its taken over the mode of lit theory discourse or that you hesitantly agree with it?

What do you love about russian formalism?

The thing I cant shake is that I very much agree with Derrida in that meaning is endlessly deferred, and find the activity of differance highly novel and interesting but I cannot apply it because it's hard.
>>
>>8951635
libertarian or objectivist criticism
>>
>>8952315
what texts have you applied either to and what did you find?
>>
>>8952310

I feel that we, contemporary, have a 'structural' mind, as Barthes says. It's the way we think, infinitely creating and recreatings meanings. I think it's the way we overcome the Modern imaginary, the classical criticism, that puts the work and the author in a reciprocal relation (For example, the book is meant to be what the author intended).

What i love about the russian formalism is the authors. I really dig them, love the way they write and how they are accesible. Chchlovsky, specially. I also like way they see the literature as a science, avoiding unflexible conceptions (actually, they don't "call" themselves formalists, and the name isn't fair to the movement) and coming from the point that science is always in movement. I also dig their analysis and the way they look to the text, as a structure.

Sorry for any shit english :D
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.