[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick question: If I were to say "trapped in a Derridean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: derrida1.jpg (27KB, 413x247px) Image search: [Google]
derrida1.jpg
27KB, 413x247px
Quick question:

If I were to say "trapped in a Derridean nightmare" what do you think I mean?
>>
Some sort of scenario like where that guy finds that all of human language is changed one day and he has to relearn it like a child I suppose, or if it's a nightmare perhaps he loses the ability to gain any meaning whatsoever from speech of text
>>
I'm french kissing Claude Levi-Strauss on a pile of bad Czech translations of the Cours de linguistique generale during a secret laison at Johns Hopkins in 1966

Derrida bursts into the tastefully lit room, skewers Levi-Strauss with a poleaxe, drags me to the floor with surprising strength, and starts roughly fingerfucking my asshole with his dry Algerian hands, like he's trying to fish his wedding ring out of a tepid pie
>>
>>8945287
it means people assign new words to words and concepts that already exist, purposely obscure their purpose, and when you finally decipher the code it's a very basic, simple concept that didn't need that much effort to figure out.
>>
File: Jacques+Derrida+says+Viola.jpg (28KB, 640x449px) Image search: [Google]
Jacques+Derrida+says+Viola.jpg
28KB, 640x449px
>>8945299
thank you for delivering
>>
>>8945296
This is good to hear as that is the meaning I was hoping people would lift from the expression
>>
>>8945287
Being stuck in a maze-like office building. It's full of signs but they only point to other signs.
>>
>>8945327
This is an interesting interpretation but funnily enough I wasn't using "nightmare" as a slight against Derrida. Will keep for future reference so thanks.
>>
>>8945287
that once everything is deconstructed there are no absolute truths regarding the conduct, knowledge and affairs of humans (everything is so far seen to be product of a Eurocentric conception of history, therefore is not legitimate and is only an imposed ideology 'of the west' to maintain status quo)

then we get decadent corrupt antagonistic materially rich spiritually poor narcissistic society (like Tocqueville said democracy can lead to either tyranny or anarchy)

thus you may turn to most western nations and see the result
>>
>>8945303
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
If someone says "James Joyce is trash" what do you think they mean by that?
>>
Derrida is the worst type of pseud trash

So I guess ''Derridean nightmare'' refers to our contemporary world, aka culture that's dying due to his awful teachings
>>
>>8945757
Yep. Derrida is taught everywhere desu. Muh culture degenerates...!!!!
>>
>>8945287
Heideggerian authenticity.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.