[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you all find the emotional wherewithal to write consistently?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: vnmod.jpg (39KB, 411x395px) Image search: [Google]
vnmod.jpg
39KB, 411x395px
How do you all find the emotional wherewithal to write consistently? I used to be able to, but now I've become a depressed pussy-ass little bitch. If anything emotionally-draining happens to me, I can't write for like three or four days, and then when I finally do start again some other shit happens and the cycle repeats. Anyone know how to get out of this?
>>
>>8942279
it's simple. i write everything i have to write when i'm in the frame of mind required to write it.
>>
>Anyone know how to get out of this?

i've been through both phases you describe and i'm not sure you can.

afaik writing either comes to you or it doesn't

my goal is to even when i'm a depressed bitch, to try to retain a perspective on things which not hostile and demeaning but instead rather friendly

people like to read books written from the perspectives of people who are ultimately good so that's what i try to be, even when i can't write.

hope this helps.
>>
If it's too hard why not give up? Turn your answer to that into motivation, or find a different hobby.
>>
>>8942279
Depression makes you see existence as it really is, that's why writing seems futile to you.

It is ultimately futile. You're asking us how to learn to lie to yourself again, but wilfully deluding yourself is pretty hard because you're aware of doing so and thereby fail.
>>
>>8942364
>Depression makes you see existence as it really is

yeah this is what pisses me off. "existence" as a cosmic universal thing, is kind of baloney. it's a dead thing that sort of interacts with itself but doesn't have any real intentions or goals or any feelings at all. nothing matters to it.

living people are not supposed to feel this way. only dead people and dead things. living and writing is all about making the world seem more beautiful, not wallowing in its ugliness and deadness.

>It is ultimately futile.

who gives a shit? if people all refused to do that which was "ultimately futile", they would stop doing anything and probably succumb to the elements.
>>
>>8942614
>who gives a shit? if people all refused to do that which was "ultimately futile", they would stop doing anything and probably succumb to the elements.
Only if they were depressed. When not depressed, you can do things just for fun even if they are ultimately futile.

Depression is the difference between Ligotti and Stirner.
>>
>>8942279
>He was asked, "When do you write?"
>"Do you write when inspired or do you have a schedule?"
>I write when I'm inspired and my inspiration starts at 9 o'clock sharp
Man up, you pussy ass bitch
>>
>>8942279
see a therapist
>>
>>8942614
>"existence"
>it's a dead thing

Wot? The intention or goal of life is to replicate itself before dying. Think of humans, but also of all the weird animals and plants that exist in inhospitable climates, who's entire life consists of being born, surviving, producing offspring, and dying. No intention? All that amazing stuff happening in your body, all because of a signal from your brain that tells you to live, that you HAVE to live.

As for writing I don't think it's entirely about making the world seem beautiful. I think it's about challenging the reader's idea of what is beautiful or what is ugly, or right or wrong, etc. And sometimes a writer will do a little wallowing until they find something beautiful about it, so let them wallow. I think it's their natural state.
>>
>>8942614
>they would stop doing anything and probably succumb to the elements.

doesn't sound like a bad idea.
>>
>>8943463
I meant its a dead-end. A closed loop wwithout any tangible satisfaction.
>>
>>8942614
>living and writing is all about making the world seem more beautiful, not wallowing in its ugliness and deadness.
There is a place for both beauty and darkness in writing, anon. I enjoy books that can include both perspectives in a coherent whole. This is pure existentialism, to me, and the existential hero becomes aware of death intimately but chooses to really live regardless. Death is a part of life, after all.

You're creatively stunted because you have not found a way to properly represent or express these attitudes about deadness and ugliness in your work. You need to be able to work with the good, the bad, and the ugly (heck even the boring) to be able to really write during all the seasons of your being.
>>
Anyone remember that quote, "I only write when I'm inspired and I make sure I'm always inspired by 9 o'clock in the morning," or something along those lines? You'll never get anywhere if you only do it when you happen to "feel like it". Your arms and fingers work just fine whether you're depressed or not, don't they?
>>
>>8945265
Do you even read threads before you post?

I remember that quote from >>8943361
>>
It's called editing.

Flaubert had to spend 5 years on Madame Bovary, rewriting reams of drafts worth several times the size of the end result.. I don't see why it should be easier for you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.