[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there really such a thing as "deep" "existential"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Is there really such a thing as "deep" "existential" problems or do they all just come from word games that edgy teens play when they cant get laid because they want their problems to seem important and complicated??? I thought I was going through a deep existential crisis, but then I just got laid and now everything is basically fine. Is this natural? Is literature fundamentally just a bunch of whiny autists crying about how they cant get laid?
>>
>>8941507

The real problem arises when you're getting laid regularly and with different chicks but still don't feel the anxiety settling.
>>
>>8941507
>is the world more complicated than 'it's nice to put your dick in a girl'?

Not sure desu
>>
I think there are more problems that what you describe.
How about the fact that there is always someone who's naturally better, better off than you, and then shit happens to you and not to them.
>>
>>8941520
unironically, I feel like the only true source of meaning is being able to put your dick in qts. we try to make our problems all deep and "human" but once all the animalistic stuff is solved, most of it works out pretty nicely
>>
My mom died of frontotemporal dementia. As a young teen I watched her go from brilliant and talented to confused and forgetful to wheelchair bound and unable to speak, all due to proteins forming on her brain. Some call the illness "cancer of the soul."

The common conception of the soul is of a single discrete entity, but watching it slowly wither away like that makes me wonder if it's something that can be taken away in small pieces until nothing remains.

That's about as deep and existential as my problems go. Getting laid didn't make it any better
>>
>>8941584
>makes up some shitty vague concept to account for him feeling sowwy foh mamma goo goo ga ga
>thinks he's deep
again, just making up shit to add aesthetic value to your fundamental problem which was your mom dying and you being sad
>>
>>8941674
You said "deep" problems come from people being unable to get laid. I don't really consider myself deep, I just have a different set of problems than being incel. What's the hardest thing you've had to deal with?
>>
Even if you start at the 'get laid' meme there's another component in the need for a security in raising one's child after the 'laying' and if one finds that the world they are born existing in shows less structure or security than preferred then existential problems may arise.
>>
>>8941674
solving your problems by getting laid says a lot about your failure of a life
not others'

judging by your disrespectful/solipsistic nature and your 'solution' it's safe to say you're an edgy teen yourself and thus should proceed to an hero

good bye
>>
>>8941507
Yes, a teenager who talk about his "deep existential problems" is usually virtue signalling. He's trying to convince you that he is smart, is independent, and won't end up like his boring parents. After a couple years living by himself, however, he'll see his ostensible profundity is like a fancy Muslim garment in winter: it's impressive and pretty but won't keep his very being warm. This is when a man becomes a man. He stops thinking about how he appears, and start thinking about what will keep his body and soul warm. Then he runs into the real existential problems: How do I search and create meaning while staying strong and motivated for myself and my family? What does it mean to take responsibility for myself and my family? Who do I know into my community?
>>
>>8941923
*Let into my community
>>
>>8941923

Hmmm, I honestly think it is specific to the person. You could really only assume this view if you though existential literature was trash and that there are somehow a priori concepts that connect to artificial concepts such as family

For example, I knew a 19 year old who had been sexually assaulted by someone else, and covered for their resulting depression with existential anxiety. They had thought that their pain was inevitable, not until she started visiting therapy did she realize her issues were more grounded. That being said, I do think existential depression can exist, but erodes over the passage of time, or until suicide
>>
>>8941674
Embaressing
>>
>>8942020
This is more complicated than I have time to discuss now (headed out to work). You are right though, I am overgeneralizing.
>>
>>8942035
>Embaressing
Not as much as your spelling.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.