[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

life, universe is crafted out of stories. everything is a story.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

life, universe is crafted out of stories. everything is a story. your heart is a story. AND, get this, all stories are created equal.
>>
>>8938170
>AND, get this, all stories are created equal.
I... Whoa...

Really gave me noggin a floggin'.
>>
File: 6ca.png (550KB, 680x356px) Image search: [Google]
6ca.png
550KB, 680x356px
tru
>>
everything is storytelling
>>
>>8938170

this is... advanced ideology
>>
"in the beginning there was"

^
>>
infinite universe theory is just another way of saying infinite stories. we probably each live in a unique universe, colliding with those of others
>>
>>8938170
and yet some stories are more..something something
>>
>>8938170
A wild anon appears in your story and gives you recommendations of art that you should consume because you're actually totally right:

-Luigi Pirandello's "6 Characters In Search of an Author" (Play)

-Samuel Beckett's "Waiting for Godot" (Play)

-Satoshi Kon's "Paranoia Agent" (Anime)

-John (I think?) Fowles' "The Magus" (Novel)

-Tom Stoppard's "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" (Play/Movie) & "Arcadia" (Play)

-(Don't know how to attribute authorship) The Stanley Parable (Video Game, available on Steam - play through to the "Art Ending" for best results (srsly))

-Gaiman's "The Sandman" (Graphic Novel (10 Trade Paperbacks in original run; he did a new one a few years ago but I haven't kept up with it and so can't recommend it))

-Ted Chiang's "The Story of You" (Short Story) & Arrival (Film Adaptation, still in theatres)

-Plato's "Parmenides" (Socratic Dialogue) and "Allegory of the Cave" (from The Republic)

-Everything around you, as the universe was written for you, and you are also its author, and you have been dropping clues throughout your entire life to remind you of this fact that you have forgotten, and the point of your death will be the moment you have complete recollection of how all of it connects in an infinitely complex way, the sheer beauty, elegance, and power of which will destroy you in the best possible way, and I am also part of that story and here to tell you this so that we can share in the infinity of that moment, which is this moment.

-They Might Be Giants' "A Self Called Nowhere" (Song, from the "John Henry" album)
>>
>>8938599
>"Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead"
fucking hated this shit
>>
>>8938561
not because of themselves, but because of interaction between them 1 1 2 3 5 8
>>
>>8938599
You perceive, now, that these things are all impossible, except in a dream. You perceive that they are pure and puerile insanities, the silly creations of an imagination that is not conscious of its freaks---in a word, that they are a dream, and you the maker of it. The dream-marks are all present---you should have recognized them earlier.....
It is true, that which I have revealed to you: there is no God, no universe, no human race, no earthly life, no heaven, no hell. It is all a Dream, a grotesque and foolish dream. Nothing exists but You. And You are but a Thought---a vagrant Thought, a useless Thought, a homeless Thought, wandering forlorn among the empty eternities!
>>
>>8940115
...And here I thought that never the Twain I'd meet... yet Mark your words; a mysterious stranger exists.
>>
>>8938170
This but unironically.

Minus the equal bullshit obvs. All stories are created -Unique-.
>>
>>8940098
>fibonacci sequence
really makew think
>>
>>8940450
Add to it the Pythagorean comma, and you really might have something.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.