[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /lit/ Last night I finished Edith Hamilton's Mythology,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Hey, /lit/

Last night I finished Edith Hamilton's Mythology, and today I started The Iliad (tr. Fagles).

It's starting off to be an amazing book year, and I just wanted to thank you guys for directing me to these works. Y'all are bros.
>>
>2016+1
>Falling for the start with the greeks meme

I seriously hope you don't do this. There's better books out there to read, don't waste your time on shit.
>>
>>8937381

I know it's a meme, but I'm genuinely enjoying them so there's no regret here.

Plus, if reading the classics helps me to more easily recognize allusions in other great works, then all the more benefit to me.
>>
>>8937361
Ultimately all that info is useless, read Max Stirner' s "The ego and its own", you've just began the rabbit hole, it can go deeper. Reading the greeks is like scratching the surface.
>>
>>8937381
Don't listen to this shitter, the Greeks are a fantastic read and you'll be better off for it.
>>
>>8937381
GTFO pleb.

>>8937393
Right on bro. I started with the Greeks too. They're the foundation of all literature that comes after and have some damn good stories. Be sure to read the playwrights too. Aeschylus is my favourite.
>>
>>8937414
Aeschylus was mentioned quite a few times in the Hamilton book, so I'll definitely have to check it out after I finish Iliad, Odyssey, and Aeneid. Thanks for the reccomendation!
>>
>>8937361
Some books might seem kind of dry and tough to get through at first Thucydides for instance but if you stay disciplined you will thank yourself later. Good luck and have fun (OP)!
>>
>>8937381
you're literally envy
>>
Start with the Chinks

http://ctext.org/
>>
>>8937361
Congrats! Hope reading them will enrich your life
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.