[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Go to cozy popular bookstore >Cuties everywhere >Go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

>Go to cozy popular bookstore
>Cuties everywhere
>Go to poetry section
>Everything past the 19th century is pure garbage

What the fuck, my poetry is a trillion times better.

There was literally one book of poetry titled "Metaphysical Dog Poems".

Like jesus christ, literature truly is dead.
>>
File: rupi_kaur_.png (5KB, 423x305px) Image search: [Google]
rupi_kaur_.png
5KB, 423x305px
>>8936777
who are you to say what is and is not poetry

haven't you ever read any rupi kaur?
>>
File: 2323423425.jpg (792KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
2323423425.jpg
792KB, 1280x960px
>implying you're not interested
>>
>>8936777

Probably the worst, most uninformed opinion I've ever seen on this goddamn board
>>
File: larger.jpg (63KB, 1024x997px) Image search: [Google]
larger.jpg
63KB, 1024x997px
>>8936791
Lemme guess, you think Duchamp's urinal is the pinnacle of art and irony?
>>
File: 0808.jpg (18KB, 221x300px) Image search: [Google]
0808.jpg
18KB, 221x300px
>>8936791
I know. He's a complete pleb to think that there is anything worth reading past the 16th century.
>>
>>8936777
The greatest poet since Shakespeare wrote in the 20th century.
There were many great poets from the 20th.
>>
>>8936813
>The greatest poet since Shakespeare wrote in the 20th century.
And who do you think that is? Pound? Bukowski? O'Hara, Neruda? Eliot?

Please, do tell.
>>
>>8936796

Lemme guess, you actually enjoy reading Wordsworth and Swinburne. Notice, I didn't say that all poetry before the 19th century was bad, just that it's stupid to say that everything past it is shit
>>
File: welcometomexico.jpg (594KB, 1944x1458px) Image search: [Google]
welcometomexico.jpg
594KB, 1944x1458px
>>8936777
why did you post this?
was it to start an argument?
are you fulfilled with the argument that started?
if not, are you fulfilled with your repeating digits?
>>
>>8936843
Name some post-WWI poets that are good. Go ahead.
>>
>>8937814
As in born post-WWI or poems written post WWI?

Because if you're using WWI as your cut off for good poetry you're going to miss our on Eliot, Pound, E.E. Cummings...
>>
>>8937827
>Eliot, Pound, E.E. Cummings...
Listen, I know your profs and university syllabus' say this is good modernist literature etc, but let me tell you, it's pretentious trash written by untalented writers hiding behind a wall of ambiguity, opaqueness, allusions, and gimmickery.

Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but you're merely a parrot sqawking the idiot faux-literarti canon.
>>
>>8937814
Bob Dylan
>>
>>8937906
>>8937827
ROASTED TO THE CORE!!!
>>
The horror.
>>
>>8937814

Paul Valéry
Robert Desnos isn't too bad
Gaston Miron does free verse pretty decently

Probably a few good ones in the non anglo word that I don't know, but yea I agree with you, very few good poets past WW1. How about you help us in mocking rupi kaur?
>>
>>8937814
Elizabeth Bishop, Philip Larkin, Les Murray, Anne Carson, Geoffrey Hill..
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.