[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /lit/ get their books, specifally digital copies? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2253.jpg (54KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2253.jpg
54KB, 384x384px
How does /lit/ get their books, specifally digital copies?

I'm a poorfag so I don't have that much disposable income to spend, are there any particular websites you go to for ibooks? Any help would be appreciated.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>8936509
If you're reading public domain classics, go to
>gutenberg
>internet archive
>google books

If you're looking for something modern, try an online search for a pdf or something. If you can't find anything you may be out of luck. Scribd gives you a free trial for a little bit, so that may get you access to a few books you want to read.
>>
Open library
>>
>>8936509
Library Genesis (libgen.io) is what I use for phone. Most of their files in "Fiction" are mobi, txt, or other mobile files. Download a free reader app from the PlayStore.
>>
>>8936517
>>8936582
>>8936555
Thanks anons really good info, I'll be sure to check them out
>>
>>8936509
Also a tip: some online libraries have the option to borrow ebooks. You usually use a program called "Adobe Digital Editions" to do that, which IIRC has a 5 books-at-a-time limit, plus you can only read them in this program.

BUT: if you download another program called "Epubor", you can crack the book files, convert them to .epub or .pdf and keep them forever. It's great if you have a tablet/phone/ereader and want to take the books with you.

And believe me when I say that some libraries have rare as fuck ebooks: I was looking for the autobiography of Lenny Bruce recently, and the only place that had it was the Open Library.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.