[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

E-readers seemed like a good idea, but other than certain models

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1469407760577.gif (1MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1469407760577.gif
1MB, 260x260px
E-readers seemed like a good idea, but other than certain models being waterproof (useful for bath reading) and all-in-one for travel, they seem rather redundant when compared to plain paper books and even tablets.
>>
I like mine for two reasons-
don't have to hold it open
can be nice to travel with it
>>
If you're a poorfag nothing even comes close. Bought a used kindle for 40 bucks.
>>
They're useful if you travel a lot and read a lot while travelling. The battery life far exceeds that of a tablet nine times out of ten because it's not running an OS and other stuff in unison with the reading app and is generally built just to display books. If you don't go places you can't take books for extended periods of time then I'd say just stick with a tablet if you already own one. They're good for elderly or impaired people too, my dad reads a LOT but has terrible arthritis and physically can't turn pages anymore so he gets a lot of use out of it.
>>
>>8934653
Perhaps I will get one someday. I very much in love with the aesthetics books offer. I enjoy holding them, looking at their cover art, and flipping through the pages I've read (or about to read).

This anon>>8934767 makes a very good point about the elderly. The larger text is easier on the eyes, and no doubt arthritis is discouraging for holding a physical book. I can most certainly see myself owning an E-reader, or it's equivalent, eventually.
>>
phone.

fit's in the pocket, always have it on me. one less device to charge. opens all formats and easy to sync, can even download books on the go.

only complaint i have is since i have an iDevice i can't use torrents to warez my lit on my phone. small screen doesnt bother me.
>>
>>8934860
Battery life on phones isn't so great
>>
The battery life on an ink screen lasts literal weeks without me having to charge it, I can read comfortably with one hand, I read everything for free, I can read manga or whatever and I don't have to lug around physical books while travelling.
That said hardbacks are the best way to read anything worthwhile
>>
>>8934653
They are great for traveling. While I normally hate one use devices, I decided to get an ereader and not a tablet because I don't want to be bothered with other crap while reading. If I want to look at stuff online or play games, I'll use my PC or laptop.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.