[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Epicurus, what a great philosopher. Does anyone else fascinated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: epicurus_render.jpg (65KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
epicurus_render.jpg
65KB, 600x800px
Epicurus, what a great philosopher.

Does anyone else fascinated by the idea to live with your friends and in that way be truly happy?

But would that truly work if your mind is against all the good in the world, would it be more logical to free yourself from all the nonsense that is in the world and just be, be in the moment as it is, happy, joyful, eternally?
>>
>>8932496
I only want white friends. And no women
>>
>>8932498
Well, some women are more fun than guys, I like fun. As Epicurus says, there should be no intimate relationship between friends who would live all together.

All races are the same.
>>
>>8932496
>In order to join his group you had to give up all your property and possessions to him
>Drank out of cups with his face on them
>Had daily confession
>Public shaming took place against those who confessed something contrary to what Epicurus likes
Ignoring the fact he was a cult leader, if we only look at his philosophy it can be seen that he is a meme philosopher that all of his contemporaries and all those who followed for centuries knew for a meme. His philosophy has had no impact on anyone asides from those who called themselves Epicurus and he made no contributions to the philosophic dialectic. The only good things he ever taught have to be removed from the totality of his philosophy and then you find that are very similar to the good things from other, much better philosophies.

He only has any popularity today because his ethics is far easier to understand and are already in a great deal of agreement with teenage, nihilist, atheist non-students of philosophy, than other classical ethical systems. Virtue ethics has the problem that you have to make a conceptual leap that can be difficult for many, especially those with no real exposure to philosophy, to do, where deontological systems tend to require a reasonable philosophical background in order to understand the many arguments in favour of it since it seems intuitively suspect.
>>
>>8932510
what the fucking shit is that at the end, they are not the same, allthough I agree with many things with Epicurus, that lie and cuckshit has nothing to do with it.
>>
File: Clouds21.jpg (256KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
Clouds21.jpg
256KB, 960x800px
>>8932498
>>8933683
You are agitated by many spooks. Heal thyself.
So-called races are all of the human race. All "races" all individuals are indeed very different. Yes, "special snowflakes" in fact. But we're all made up of the same bones, blood, meat, DNA sequences and particles.
Why must you rankle so at the rich variety that just is?

>>8933676
HAHAH. I'll bet that's fake
>>
>>8934823
>All "races" all individuals are indeed very different. Yes, "special snowflakes" in fact. But we're all made up of the same bones, blood, meat, DNA sequences and particles.
no and in a way yes. we are all the same especially on the inside, in our hearts. one love my friend.
>>
>>8932510
The problem is, if you allow women there will be some relations; jealousies, envy and drama will soon start and destroy everything.

Even if now we think that women have a soul and can be as good as men, this is still a good reason to not allow them in your club if you don't want it to crumble down.

As for my circle of friends, the only way I found to survive is to just accept that any of my friend will try to fuck my girlfriend as soon as he has a chance. I'm not even angry about it, as I would do the same to theirs.
>>
>>8936315
How do you mean no?

>>8937433
Maybe you and your friends and their girlfriends could just get together and break that tension... Oh wait, you're the only one feeling this way, right? Such a shame.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.