[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just saw this. Not going to lie, I found it mostly boring. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1483486356350.jpg (28KB, 680x478px) Image search: [Google]
1483486356350.jpg
28KB, 680x478px
Just saw this. Not going to lie, I found it mostly boring. I guess it was just the story of the guy questioning his faith and the point of the suffering but, as a complete layman, it wasn't satisfying.

Why not just lie and say you're not a Christian? Is Scorsese just playing out his existential crisis on screen?

How does someone bear living in some Japanese shithole after growing up in Europe? Seeing those villagers living shitty boring lives early in the movie makes it really easy to see how they can only look at religion for meaning. Even in 2016 people get existential crises when entertainment exists, so imagine being bored as fuck back then.

I know I will be dismissed and insulted simply for asking the "dumb" (i.e., fundamental) questions.

Multiple people walked out, though I wasn't close to doing that. Also I went to an evening showing on my own and literally everyone else in the foyer was in couples. >tfw no gf.

Also, I went to an Islam study school when I was younger and have experienced many religious things first hand. I have first hand experience in finding it all boring. I will be trolled for asking the "dumb" questions by people with even less religious experience than me. Not that I should have to mention this, but there are many pretentious people who are cargo cult religion worshippers.
>>
>>8923192
Wrong board, fag
>>
>>8923192
>Also, I went to an Islam study school when I was younger and have experienced many religious things first hand. I have first hand experience in finding it all boring. I will be trolled for asking the "dumb" questions by people with even less religious experience than me. Not that I should have to mention this, but there are many pretentious people who are cargo cult religion worshippers.

This doesn't even make sense

t. M.Div
>>
>>8923192
>sunday school in sandland
>religous expert
>>
>>8923192
If you're going to make a thread about a movie not on the movie board at least not post it with a retarded rant
>>
>>8923192
>and have experienced many religious things first hand

Pfft I've had five theophanies, fourteen seperate and documented miracles and last year six different virgin mary statues cried blood for me.
>>
>>8923192
>Why not just lie and say you're not a Christian?

This may be a shock to you, but some people actually believe in the religion they follow.
>>
>>8923192
>Why not just lie and say you're not a Christian?
It's almost like that his religion has forbidden him to do that.
>>
>>8923661
Not OP, but I don't exactly understand that. Wouldn't an all-loving God be cool with one lying to save oneself from torture and/or death?
>>
>>8923689

No, because there are quite a few stories that in the bible that show God protecting people who don't deny him. Lion's den, fiery furnace etc.
Also, its the one "unforgivable sin" in the bible to deny knowing God
>>
>>8923689
He is a catholic. The church, to which he must adhere teaches that he cannot do this. Therefore to do it is to go against his religion.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.